Antler growth 2023

RaggedHunter

How does the antler growth seem this year? Average? above average? I'm getting ready to head down for a late season hunt here in a couple of weeks. Curious to hear from guys who have hunted this year on what they were seeing & whether the winter/spring moisture helped kick out a few more top end bulls? Also, did there seem to be many broken bulls this year?

How does the antler growth seem this year? Average? above average? I'm getting ready to head down for a late season hunt here in a couple of weeks. Curious to hear from guys who have hunted this year on what they were seeing & whether the winter/spring moisture helped kick out a few more top end bulls? Also, did there seem to be many broken bulls this year?
Sent you a pm

Above average, lots of big bulls killed where everyone was saying there was over harvest on mature bulls. Drought was biggest reason. Truth is in NM elk antler growth is driven by winter- spring moisture. We had the best last winter spring that I’ve seen in a long time.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom