Antler Thief!!! $500 Reward!!!

NvrEnuf

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-06 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]On Thursday, 3/15 between sometime between midnight and 5am a lowlife thief came into my yard in Santaquin UT and stole about 40 mule deer shed antlers and 2 elk shed antlers. I know I'm partly to blame for leaving them out but I just wanted to let this person know that they've messed with the wrong guy. The antlers were old, chalky and cracked and basically have little or no value if they were to be sold. To be honest with you I personally don't care much about getting the antlers back but I do care about catching the thief! I am offering a $500 Reward for any information that leads to me finding out who took them. I will be posting up flyers around here locally, sending e-mails and making phone calls to everyone I know and will spread the word around any other way that I can as well. Please do what you can to help me catch this lowlife thief. Hopefully we can help teach him a lesson and help keep him from doing it again to someone else. You can call me anytime at 801-754-0301.

Dear Antler Thief, if you are lucky enough to read this message I can only hope for your sake that you're able to return the antlers with a written apology to my 5 year old son before someone else turns you in. That's right! The antlers you stole were some of the first ones that he and I found together and they meant a lot to him! I was originally going to leave the antlers you couldn't carry outside and when my boy heard what I had planned he almost started crying for fear that you would come back and take them too. Needless to say I am no longer able to decorate my yard the way I would like to? If you return the antlers with a written (or preferably verbal apology to my boy) I will not press charges. If someone else turns you in first you've had it! Good luck?

Sincerely,

Shawn

Do you by chance have any pictures? I have a few guys I know that buy antlers, I'll pass some pictures on to them if you have any. I understand how important it is to have the ones your kids pick up. Fstop

Yes, give us some pics, I am somewhat of an ebay whore, so I'll let you know if I see any them on there. Good luck and lets catch that bugger.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Goes to show what level some idiots
will go to get some antlers.

SAD! Hope youy catch them. Doesn't matter if they
were in your yard out in the open or not. They were
not there for them to take.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

This happed to one of my partners once. What was wierd was all his antlers were brougt back.....by his wife a few weeks later. She had picture frames,lights, lamps and all kinds of crap made out of them. The thing he so mad at, was all the antlers were cut or sawed to fit. Also had screws and glue all over them. She got the idea off of some decorating show on TV. I thought they looked better laying in the yard or on the roof of the house.

Shawn - terrible story. I hope you and your boy can get and and find some more. My son had his bike stolen when we lived in Midvale and he doesn't dare leave anything out now without a lock on it. I hope you catch the dude that did it. Good luck and GO GET HIM!

ROY

MY EYES & EARS ARE OPEN IN THE N.E. REGION!!!

IT'S A SMALL WORLD OUT THIS WAY & WORD TRAVELS QUICK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat OFFERING A FREE TUNE-UP TO THE LOWLIFE THIEF THAT STOLE THESE ANTLERS!!!

I do have some pictures of a few of them but to be honest with you they pretty much just look like your average everyday 4pt deer antlers.

Most of the ones taken were the ones on the fence. Quite a few 60 inch antlers and a few 70 inchers...
shedsbefore4-9-05026.jpg

Here is a picture of 1 of the 2 elk antlers that were stolen.
nevada3-29-05009sml.jpg

The one on the left in this photo was taken. Not sure why he didn't take both. Probably had more than he could carry I guess? This elk antler is probably the most unique of any of the sheds I'd say.
shedselk12-28-05022.jpg

Thanks again for your help,

NvrEnuf

I thought guys riding around in no access areas on ATV's looking for them was lazy and illegal, but this takes the cake.
Sorry to hear about you and your sons loss.
If you find out who it is I will drive to Utah and smack them around or hold them while you do it.
Best,
Jerry

Shawn, If I could give you some advise, I wouldnt wait and give the POS a chance to make amends. I would inform your local Police Agency and file a report and show them some photos.
Alot of times the bad guy gets caught in another jurisdiction for another crime and the only way they know how to pin him/her to your crime is by hearing about it from other agencies.
The kind of people that do this get a high from it and they wont stop. They are the same people that steal the CD's and personal belongings from your unlocked vehicles.
I am in Law Enforcement as well as most of my family, from Utah County to Salt Lake County, I will spread the word about this to as many agencies as I have contacts with and maybe we can get person. 1shot1kill.

That sucks! I hate thieves,it sure would be fun to give them an old fashion azz kicking. I hope you and your boy get them back.

beavis.gif

Sorry to hear the loss, we buy antlers in Elk ridge and spanish fork, as well as all over the state, we work closely with law enforcement to catch thieves like this and will gladly help out if we can.If they choose to sell they will likely show up at one of my buyers there local, Scott

Sorry to hear that. I have had the same thing happen to me. Twice. First time I'm sure it was some meth head looking to sell something that "isn't traceable" for some quick cash. The second time I'm pretty sure it was the neighbors dog packing some off. (Wasn't nearly as many the second time as it was only 1 or 2 years after the main bunch was taken)

Like you, the worst part isn't what their worth its the time you spent packing them out of the hills. I had just started a decent collection when they were taken.

Good luck catching him, I think it will be tough.

NvrEnuf,

I know how you feel as I've had an antler thief hit my place.

I lost a big Modoc mulie rack that the previous owner of my cabin had gotten in the thirties or forties. It was in pristine condition and was so nice that it had almost achieved landmark status around here ? people would stop their cars and admire it. For years following the theft, strangers would ask me what happened to that big rack.

I did have a suspect ? none other than my own tenant in a cabin on the other side of town. It turned out he was teaching the neighbor teenage boys how to make bone handles for their homemade knives. What a way for my trophy to end up!

I just realized I didn't bring in the 7X7 elk that a buddy in MT gave me. It's hanging in place of the muley. I hope thieves don't strike again. At least around here no one realizes the worth of elk antlers and the previous culprits are now grown up or dead (none of my doing :D).
I hope you catch the thief.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom