Antlerless Draw

I live up North and decided to not put in this year for cow elk. Figured the herds suffered enough based upon what I saw and heard with the winter kill. Would have put in for something down South but don’t have the time to run down that way this year. Best of luck to you.

The email results came out before the Pending Charge on C-cards for the Big Game draw this year, so maybe it'll be that way on the Antlerless??

Robb

Haven't drew a tag all year maybe this is the year I will catch some fish beside they are in poor shape I would feel bad harvesting an animal.

Odd. I had 2 more points than needed. No email yet. application doesn't show in my online account, but I have email with application.

Hey Zeke!

You Should Never Let Family Members Try For 3 Cow Tags Within The Same Year!:D

Or Did They Know?:D

Two grandsons and the wife drew antlerless elk! Yeah!

Man, I've got my work cut out for me.

I'd better get my best guide cap on (not the flatty that some guys wear. haha)

Zeke

I'm glade they changed this.

New antlerless elk permit rules: Antlerless elk permits may be used only during the season dates printed on your permit. In the past, if you obtained an antlerless elk permit — along with additional buck, bull or antlerless permits for the same area — you could use your antlerless elk permit during the season dates authorized for your other permit(s). This is no longer the case.

1688760285608.png

New antlerless elk permit rules: Antlerless elk permits may be used only during the season dates printed on your permit. In the past, if you obtained an antlerless elk permit — along with additional buck, bull or antlerless permits for the same area — you could use your antlerless elk permit during the season dates authorized for your other permit(s). This is no longer the case.
I’m not. That was great option to have

Nothing here but a few unsuccessful. Not complaining though. We have other tags in our pockets.

Don't bother me either way. I just hope they add some muzzleloader cow tags back into the units. When they changed it to hunt during any season with other tags. They kind of took most of the muzzy tags and just had archery and rifle, other then a very few muzzy tags in a couple units.

Muzzy antlerless was available about every other year in our unit prior to the change. For past several years zero muzzy tags and about 100 of both rifle and archery.

Hope they look at this and divide up the tags 3 ways detween the 3 weapons in whatever % they may decide.

Last edited:

It’s about time. It’s BS when every cow elk that dares show herself gets lead thrown her way by every wagging d*ck during rifle deer season.

Ya!

About The First Year They Started That BS I Seen a Guy Shoot a Cow Elk During The Muzz Deer Hunt!

Then He Seen Me & Hiked Up To Me Wanting To Know If I'd Help Him!

I Said:

It Ain't F'N Elk Season!

He Clued Me In That It Was Legal!

I Hadn't Heard About And He Proved Me Wrong!

I Initially Thought For Sure He Killed A Cow Illegally!

Ya!

I Was wrong!

One Of The STUPIDEST F'N Things They Ever Allowed!

It’s about time. It’s BS when every cow elk that dares show herself gets lead thrown her way by every wagging d*ck during rifle deer season.

Then The Next Day I Seen a Guy & His Wife On The Hillside Muzz Deer Hunting & The Wife Was Packing A Cow Elk Silhouette To The Side Of Her!

SWEET GEEZUS!

I drew EA1081 San Juan Cow tag. Haven’t been up that way yet but will be checking it out next month. Anyone want to recommend where to stay for this hunt? Or is it tent it all the way?

Ya!

About The First Year They Started That BS I Seen a Guy Shoot a Cow Elk During The Muzz Deer Hunt!

Then He Seen Me & Hiked Up To Me Wanting To Know If I'd Help Him!

I Said:

It Ain't F'N Elk Season!

He Clued Me In That It Was Legal!

I Hadn't Heard About And He Proved Me Wrong!

I Initially Thought For Sure He Killed A Cow Illegally!

Ya!

I Was wrong!

One Of The STUPIDEST F'N Things They Ever Allowed!
Haha, I had the same thing happen. I called it in and the DWR was like "it's probably just a cow."

I drew EA1081 San Juan Cow tag. Haven’t been up that way yet but will be checking it out next month. Anyone want to recommend where to stay for this hunt? Or is it tent it all the way?

Depends which side of the mountain you want to hunt the most. There are places to stay in either Blanding or Monticello. Whichever you choose, you're not stuck hunting one side, just takes a little longer to get to the other side either on the highway or up over the mountain.

October would be a good time of the year to tent it, there are campgrounds that will put you closer to where you hunt, or you can go further up the mountain. Keep in mind, there are places where you cannot camp because of the watershed restrictions.

Best advice - get away from the main road(s). There will be a lot of road hunters lobbing bullets from the road trying to hit elk several hundred yards away. Typically, you can see elk on the hillsides towards the top of peaks feeding in the early morning, once the sun starts to rise and hits the slopes they're on, you can kiss them goodbye. If you can position yourself to where you think they'll head, you can catch them on their way to bed.

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and got one for $1,000…… Should be a fun meat run!!
All the years watching guys with less points than me draw and finally I got it. That was a surprise!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom