any 2B deer?

N

nmbullfighter

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-07 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]has anybody heard or seen any deer taken out of 2B yet?? we hunted hard this weekend and didnt see anything..I was thinking all the equipment doing the pipeline might have pushed the deer farther down south than we hunted..any ideas?

we hunted up on middle mesa, a little around eul, and tio quinto canyon. Then we came down south to Cabresto Mesa, but ran out of time. We go to college in Portales, and cant miss class friday afternoon and monday mornings, so we can only hunt saturday and sunday and its a 8 hour drive

Are you seeing any deer? I talked to some guys from Lovington that were headed up there for elk right now. I'm sure the deer hunt is still pretty tough...

yeah i talked to those guys from lovington..they seen one little buck on the road at night...they didnt see any elk and that night driving back to camp there was a 5x5 bull 150 yards from their camp..lol

You must have been hunting with a blind fold or just driving the roads becuase I have been hunting elk up there and I have been seeing a lot of deer nothing very big but lots of them.

NMhuntinfool

nope..not on the roads and no blindfolds...where were you hunting at that you seen all these deer? cause everybody i talked to up there..elk and deer hunters havent seen #####..

I've seen one pretty decent one: a 26" 4X4 (I actually tape measured it), guessing somewhere around 170 to 180 class. Dude intended to hunt north, but saw this beast 40 yards off the paved road in the southern part, or so he said...

Really nice deep fronts, great mass, but weak backs. Still, hope I see one like that when my turn comes this November...

I'll see if I can get permission to post a pic.

I had some friends go check out middle mesa for a couple of days and neither of them saw anything bigger than a rabbit. They gave it two solid days then ran over to the south side down around iron springs and i guess have seen enough that they will finish out the season over there. I wont say excatly what they saw but apparently they got on a couple of bruts. They have both elk and deer tags.

Good luck!!

I went back this weekend around Mestanis and Cabresto..seen alot more sign then up high..but i was sick as hell..couldnt walk without coughing or glass without eyes watering and burning..so i called it..whooped this year..but ##### happens

Camped north of Buzzard's campground. Hunted near Mestanas Mesa. I saw a total of 4 does, heard of 1 monster deer taken opening morning by warden, 30+ turkeys, and 50+ wild horses. Had a great time even though I did not see anything to shoot for my freezer. Nearly got killed about 20 times on the way home on 537 going south....seems like all the deer and elk had it out for me on this road. Damn near killed (or got killed - depending on the way you look at it) by 2 does after the last flashing deer sign prior to 550. Had a great time considering the fact that I did not even shoulder my ML at any bucks.

JBone

Took a nice 4x. Saw 42 bucks, with 32 of them in the first three days! Was an awesome hunt! I posted a quick post on the mule deer forum but will update it with the story once I get caught up at work!

20072Bbuck.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom