Any elk hunting advice for NM unit 51?

Coonazz

After striking out in the WY, NM, and CO drawings, I had settled on a private land drop camp (OTC tags)in Colorado. That was until a couple days ago when I got a call saying that the ranch had been sold and there would be no hunting on the property this year. I scrambled around the last minute to somehow get tag somewhere (on limited funds - like everyone else) so I could chase them in September. I was fortunate enough to find a unit 51 land owner tag for the 2nd archery season.
Only problem - I've never hunted there before.

Just bought a Easton's map and going over it and google earth right now to find some places to camp/hunt.

Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

Please Private Message me if you could help point me in the right direction to start in this unit. I will be solo.

Thanks so much.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom