Any Idaho unit #40 deer knowledge

rmanwill

Long Time Member
I know the elk and the two point deer hunt has completed. The late deer hunt has been going for better then a week and I was wondering if anybody that has been in the unit this year can let me know how the unit is looking this year.

I drew the late hunt and will be leaving on the 14th and staying until the end - 24th.

WHAT KIND OF BUCKS HAVE PEOPLE BEEN SEEING IN THE UNIT THIS YEAR? HAVE THEY STARTED RUTTING AND ANY POINTERS FOR DRAINAGES TO LOOK INTO ON THE LATE HUNT.

Any comments, information or suggestions are welcome. This is a 4% chance for a non-residence to draw (probably a one in a life time tag)and I hope to take advantage of it. Thanks for any help in advance.

I took a drive the other day and saw some deer. Look at the north end of cow creek drainage. I glassed up 2 bucks that may push 175, and 5 others in the 150 range... Trying to find my wife a good B&C buck so we won't be hunting there, but that might be a place to start if 175 works for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom