Any ideas in northern utah to help a 11 year old girl get a turkey!!

notrace

Looking for some info on turkeys for a 11 year old girls first hunt.

We have been out a few times and have seen turkeys but unfortunately most have been on private property!!

We have been hunting mostly up around ogden area.

Not to be rude, but the best advice you’ll get is to keep at it. No one is going to give you gps coordinates to their turkey spots even if you state specific intentions it’s for “the girl”.

Hell I've helped plenty of people on deer elk moose and mountain goats!!

Didn't realize it was such a big deal on turkeys!!

And yes it's for a first time 11 year old girl!!!

No one else even has a tag in are group!!

Hope you're mentality gets what it gives!!

My hell!!!
How much preseason scouting did you do prior to the start of the hunt?

You get what you give.

A kid is a great way to get on private. There's folks in ogden Valley who loves the turkeys and those that hate them. Knock on a door of those that hate and you'll be notching her tag in 5 minutes.

How much preseason scouting did you do prior to the start of the hunt?

You get what you give.
First off its not even my kid.

Second off the turkeys move around alot especially once the season gèt started.

Sorry to ask favors I'm just trying to help someone with a youth first time hunter!!!

I am out looking now as I do alot even though she has school activities that hold her from going out.

First off its not even my kid.

Second off the turkeys move around alot especially once the season gèt started.

Sorry to ask favors I'm just trying to help someone with a youth first time hunter!!!

I am out looking now as I do alot even though she has school activities that hold her from going out.
You could have scouted birds for the youth hunt and they would have stayed put well
Into the end of last week. Turkeys don’t move THAT much.

If it meant that much to you for the first time youth hunter to be successful, you’d have done the work necessary for that to happen.

Like you said. You get what you give.

100%

It's funny how you know so much and yet really don't know much at all the same time!!

Hunting is a community of people and I have always been there to help others just like in this case.

I never knew this person had a tag until they had tried to get a turkey but sadly they had school and church things that interrupted the first weekend.

I reached out looking for some help not looking for smart ass remarks telling me I have not done enough scouting etc..

If you didn't want to help and want to be a jerk in you're life keep it in you're life don't bring it on here!!!

As for Turkeys not moving much that's true but when they move from public to private there's not much you can do.

Turkeys are very much known to move out of pressure areas and on to private.

Sorry for asking!!

As for Turkeys not moving much that's true but when they move from public to private there's not much you can do.

Turkeys are very much known to move out of pressure areas and on to private.

Sorry for asking!!
Sure there is. Go knock on their damn door and ask the land owner for permission. It’s shocking how many land owners will grant kids permission but not adults. If they say no. Go find another door and knock on it. It’s not that hard to find access. Or birds.

Sure there is. Go knock on their damn door and ask the land owner for permission. It’s shocking how many land owners will grant kids permission but not adults. If they say no. Go find another door and knock on it. It’s not that hard to find access. Or birds.
I did thanks.

I've contacted 3 landowners.

Is there public next to the private that you saw turkeys? if so hunt later in the morning as those Toms have bred the ladies in the morning typically and will be looking for more. this strategy has worked several times for me. Good luck

I hope you received some advice and are able to get her a bird... I have no experience with the north region, or I'd be all over this...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom