Any late season archery bucks?101-108,71-79

archeryjh

Just wondering if anyone hunted either of these hunts-I am just a curious non resident that keeps applying for these hunts in hopes to draw a tag.

Yeah lets see some of these late hunt bucks.

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 08:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 08:54?PM (MST)

Here is one I shot at 50 yards on Sunday. Went a few hundred yards and piled up. I was very happy! Used to be a 9x8, but broke a few off fighting and was an 8x6. Taxidermist aged him at about 9-10 years. He kept the bottom jaw to show people since they were worn to the gum line. Can't help but wonder what he looked like a few years back.

6180dscn0321.jpg

2170dscn0323.jpg

From behind:

7931dscn0324.jpg

That definitely looks like an old buck to me. Do you have any field photos? Good job on taking an old bruiser down.

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

I have field photos, but with the limited number of late archery areas, they give up where he was shot so I chose not to post them.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]@ longpoke You got that buck on a piw tag? how many days did you spend in the field in the other seasons ,I would go nuts with all those options.

I am really proud of you buddy! I just wished you would have waited till Wifey and I could get up there so we could kill some bucks together. Still a crusher. I will see ya in a few weeks!

Paulie

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11
>AT 07:15?PM (MST)

>
>@ longpoke You got that buck
>on a piw tag? how
>many days did you spend
>in the field in the
>other seasons ,I would go
>nuts with all those options.
>
I

Lets just say I had hunted alot of units I always wondered about. I spent about 60 days in the field scouting and hunting every weapon. I was stoked to finish it with a bow!

Hey Longpoke, glad you got your buck, what a dandy! Thanks again for helping my son and I on my antelope hunt up North. Looks like you really did your homework for this deer.
-Larry

Great buck Mike.
We met Mike on the Mt. road out hours after he tagged the buck.
He had live video of the buck he showed us too. He thought it would go mid 180's, But I had a feeling it would go higher.
The day he killed the buck the winds up on the ridge were blowing 60 plus...

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom