Any Mt. Goat Freaks...

My father and i have 8 points for goats. Just wondering as a non resident how many points do i need to draw in a good unit?

Seeing as there is only 1 non-ressy tag in units offered------you are in the same hat as any point pool applicant for that unit.

So point total is basically meaningless as many years a low point applicant draws the 1 tag.

With 8 points each, I would apply seperately (ya can't apply Group on OIL anyway) for any of the units that offer a non-ressy tag.

Sometimes---Sometimes there are 2 non-ressy Nannie tags offered on the Willard Pk or Beaver units.....

Same Fee cost.

Robb

Define what you consider to be a "good unit". Are you looking for a B&C goat? Are you looking for easy access to the animals? Remote country? ATV access? Good is in the eye of the beholder. That being said...Utah mountain goat units are almost always 100% harvest success so getting an animal shouldn't be a huge concern if you put any effort in at all. Also, your number of points IS a factor. With eight points you have 8 names in the hat (so to speak) and have a statistically greater chance than someone with fewer points (although still very small).

I've probably got enough points to draw a permit in the Uintah's but, a little short on most of the rest of the units. I'm most familiar with the Uintah's since I like to play and hunt there but, I don't belive the trophy quality is there compared to the Beaver or Willard and access is different. I like the remote Uintah's and seeing alot of goats.

Smokepole

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom