Any of you take Glucosamine??

schmalts

How do you think it help? when do you take it, all year or just fall?
BTW, is it just me or is this site running slow over the web today?

Schmaltz,

I've taken it couple of different times, I'm not sure it helped. I have friends who swear by it though. To get a real benefit you need to take it for at least 3 weeks continuously. didn't seem to help me enough to notice.

Yup, It's slow

BeanMan

Took it for over a year with Condrotin(SP) , went from veeery painfull knee's to virtually no pain at all, had to stop taking it because I'm allergic to sulfa-based drug's and I had a reaction to it.

I've been takin 3 tablets daily with the rest of my vitamins, and last deer season didn't have an ache or pain one in the knees, and no hip pointers either. I'm gunna keep on em until they find out they shorten your life or somethin.......

I've tried it for awhile and didn't really notice anything. Since I've had numerous knee surgeries, I thought this stuff would help. Guess after having nearly all of your meniscus removed, not much is gonna help. My 2 cents....

Coot

I take Glucosamine every day and have for at least 5 years, maybe longer.
I use Osteo Bi-Flex brand, I have tried cheeper brands & can tell you for me they don't work.
My need is extreme as I have a knee full of arthritus, bone on bone contact and a knee replacement in my near future.
I can tell by feel if I forget to take my pills for a couple days.
Glucosamine works for me, I couldn't sheep hunt without them!

High5

its a drag getting old! I have not noticed any thing!
took 3 a day for 3mos!
jack

It helps me. As mentioned earlier, it does make a difference what brand you take. There are no "police" agencies that make sure what they say on the label is actually in the bottle. Therefore, someone who took it for awhile and didn't think it helped may have not gotten enough to help. I would stick with a well known company name.

I am a veterinarian who puts lots of dogs on a glucoseamine/chondroitin supplement. About 70% of their owners tell me that they see a very noticable improvement. Got me to believing it.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I take one Glucosamine/Condrotin combo tablet every day. Seems to work for me, I havent had knee pain in years since I've been taking it.

I've had three knee operations and one shoulder surgery. I have taken Glucosmaine and Chondroitin for a few years. It really helps me, and I don't have any cartialge left in my knees. I can still run and work out and not much for pain unless I really over do it. I'd recommend it to anyone, and I'm not much for medicine. Try it!

It just plain works! Five years ago I could not do 1 pushup or throw a baseball. Now I lift weights regularly with no pain and can play catch and throw hard with 0 pain! Really been a miracle to me.
As other posters have stated you need to get a good brand.
I use Schiff glucosamine and it works, I have tried other cheaper brands and had to go back to Schiff cause the pain comes back. I took it for years with no chondroitan and it worked great.
1000gms a day with 500gm of vitamin c. Give it a month or two before you will really start to notice a pain relief.

A friend of mine told me to take 500 mg of Glucosamine each day along with a shot of whiskey to keep the snow snakes away.

The stuff is great and works well as I have not seen 1 snow snake since I started taking it.

Seriously my wife takes the stuff and can tell a real difference in her knees.

I take 2 chondrotin/glucosamine pills a day. It does seem to help my knees but I've had a couple of knee surgeries so they still hurt quite a bit sometimes.

It works for me. i have had 1 knee surgery and need another. Liquid gluco works best for me (physical therapist said body absorbs it better) + I take a pill a day. In 3-4 weeks I could tell a differnce especially when I was looking for sheds the last few springs.
Jeff

I take 1500 mg glucosomine 1200 mg chondroitin every day. I tried stopping once and after a month the pain came back. My joints are so dry they keep me from sleeping through the night without it.

Being in the veterinary business, I see lots of arthritic dogs everyday and the number one Rx is for Glucosamine, Chrondroitin, AND MSM. Seems to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of pain meds that each patient is taking. I'm not sure of what human product has the MSM, but it's worth looking into.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom