Any one going to ND ?

S

sagehnter

Is any one going to North Dakota muley hunting? Just got back and though I didn't connect on a deer i got a lot of good info on some of the areas if you're interested. Even saw a good 10 point whitey running around. Would be happy to share as I left with my tail tucked between my legs.

I will be heading out to Medora the next week. We are thinking of hunting the grasslands. How was the moister out there when you were there? I would be more than interested in any info you could help out with.

Thanks

I am origianlly from Bismark and my whole family lives there from bismark to grace city. Know a lot about the country over there.

I'm going to eastern montana and thought about trying to bowhunt in nd. do you know anything about the hunting around williston? any help would be appreciated.

Tough country your name is very fitting. That area there is a bowhunters dream, and nightmare. I had the time of my life on so many close calls that I lost count. Ended up getting a bonus antelope on the second to last day but never closed the deal on a good muley buck. For as dry as it had been this season there we had quite a bit of rain and that put a damper on the last day. Can't wait to go back though!

The area around Williston is mostly private land so I haven't spent much time there, but I'm sure that there are some good deer along the Missouri. We hunted on the national grass land mostly and found all the deer that we needed.

I hunt the missouri river bottoms in montana and have had good success but tags are so tough for a nonres. I know nd has a unlimited wt deer tag for bowhunters so I thought I would give it a shot. I will probably just scout this year and plan on trying to hunt next year. I 've got 10 days in montana so who knows. good luck yourself on your next hunt.

I am going to spend a week in Killdeer in late October. Mostly a treestand hunter in the cedar swamps in northern Wis.A friend reccomended driving the roads and looking for deer first there are two of us. Would you reccomend splitting up and hikeing in to the Grasslands? Are the river bottoms acessible or private.Would like to hunt for Mule deer.But would not pass a good Whitetail ,do they inhabit the same areas.Thank You for your time .Ed

I to am heading to medora (oct27) for a week of muledeer hunting and I will take any and all the help I can get. thanks sagehntr for the help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom