Any one hunt Canada recently?

L

Lowedog

I am hunting In Alberta next month and am wondering if any one has any advice to give as far as what I need to know about the border crossings both ways.

Thanks in advance for any replys,

Lowedog

"L" Dawg,
You will need to stop at the U.S. side and begin the paperwork to register all the guns you are taking into Canada to hunt with. Then to enter the country of Canada, you take that paperwork to the "other" side, pay your money,($50.00 per rifle) get an interview etc.. Make sure you DO NOT have anything to do with a handgun with you, not even a bullet.. They can confiscate your truck and everything with it if you are trying to cross with any type of handgun. There is NO sense of humor here. Don't joke around about it.

Then to get back into the good old U. S., you need a birth certificate or a passport and some photo I.D. would be a good idea also. You can even bring back meat now, they have relaxed the "Mad Cow" restrictions a little..

What and when are you hunting.. It is a great time if you do it right.. Good Luck.. KattKrapp

I just came back from a Goose hunting trip north of the border (not many geese moving yet) but the border crossing into Canada was much easier than coming back to the U.S. I live 50 miles from the border and go to Canada at least 5 times a year and this last trip was by far the worse experience in coming back. Going up there be sure to have your paperwork ready and only bring the weapons in if you are asked.
Good luck and good hunting.
Jeff

Thanks for the info guys.

KattKrap,
I will be hunting mule deer and white tail around Brooks. Leaving the 17th of November. I have never hunted with an outfitter before so this whole experience is a first for me.

I have already printed the firearm declaration forms off the internet for Canada. Is that the paperwork you are talking about? Does the U.S. customs ask for anything like that when you re-enter?

Thanks again,

Lowedog

On your way into Canada thru US Customs fill out a form 4457. It is a Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects Taken Abroad. Do this for your firearm(s). You can get this prior if you have a local customs office. Need to do this before traveling out of the country with a firearm.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom