Any sheep reports from La Sal, Potash/South Cisco

tallbuck1

Just wondering how sheep tag holders are doing on this unit? Any reports from outfitters or hunters?

Tallbuck1

Any pics and a short story of the ram trammer? How many decent sheep did you guys view while hunting, you know that kinda stuff?

Tallbuck1

Which unit are you referring to? There is the Potash, and the Lockhart. Potash hasn't seen a real great ram get killed in awhile, and I believe this year only one tag was given in the Lockhart. At least, I didn't see anyone else hunting it this year........kinda nice having the whole unit to yourself!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-13 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]Hey rutrings,
Did you have the Lockhart tag this year? Where are your photos????
I had the tag in 2000, the same year Trammer's daughter had a tag in the unit. That's where I first met Trammer
Zeke

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-13
>AT 10:40?AM (MST)

>
>Hey rutrings,
>Did you have the Lockhart tag
>this year? Where are your
>photos????
>I had the tag in 2000,
>the same year Trammer's daughter
>had a tag in the
>unit. That's where I first
>met Trammer
>Zeke

I helped Trammer in the Lockhart again this year. The ram we finally decided on was shot within a couple hundred yards of where Trammer's daughter shot her's!

I've got photos but I don't want to post them until I find out if it's ok with our hunter first.

>Any pics and a short story
>of the ram trammer?
>How many decent sheep did
>you guys view while hunting,
>you know that kinda stuff?
>
>
>
>Tallbuck1

As you may have heard, the Lockhart unit suffered a huge reduction in sheep numbers thanks to an idiot rancher from La Sal bringing his stock down onto the east Needles mesa recently. Thus the one tag issued this year, and no tags last year (at least none were reported). The main Lockhart herd was simply not there and only old tracks were found. The other core herds were there but low ram counts. We did find some good rams nonetheless, but they were far and wide and really on the move. Adding to the problems, the rut was late too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom