Any thoughts on the score of this pronghorn?

D

desertambusher

Can any one advise me if this is a shooter? and what it might score?

4524img_1063.jpg

The experts better guess the score for you but I'd saw he's a shooter in most units. My GUESS would be around the mid 70's.
Looks like an older buck. Good markings, big head, well developed prongs and quite long. He doesn't curl too much so the length could be tricking me a bit.
Zeke

He's a much better looking buck than he's going to score. That kind of 2nd prong on the top of both his main's makes him very unique. I'd put him on the hit list for sure, but not a B&C buck.

I would shoot him but he looks a lot like a 16 5/8ths" lope that scored 77 something I sho 3 years ago. He lacks mass and prong measurements but I still would take him unless I had scouted a better one I thought I could get on. Good luck, let us know what he scores if you shoot him.

I seen one similar this last weekend in wyo. I would tag him bow or gun. I like his coat. I would have to mount that bad boy

That thing has a giant body, so I wouldn't be surprised if he scored a little better than most are thinking. I'd put him at upper 70's, maybe 80.

Very interesting goat. He doesn't look massive but he might have more mass than I think. Would be good to get a perfect side view of him. With average mass he is very close to 80 inches though. I would smoke him. Good luck out there.

That is a deceptive goat. He has a great dark face but you look at his prongs in relation to his ears and it appears the prongs are low and then with almost no curl back he may fall in the 60's.

Regardless he is a really cool buck and I could be way off base. He does have decent prongs and those crab claw like tops are pretty cool besides just being a handsome faced buck.

I hope I can find a cool looking buck like him next month here in utah. I will smoke him with no regrets. Black face, unique look. Powder would be burnin. Good luck. Who cares about score. He makes a great mount.

I agree with southwind. He has no hooks. The mass, as shown on the right horn, is neither super heavy nor light, just average. The prongs are not terribly short, but they're not extremely long either.

It's just one photo, so I could very well be wrong, but from what I can see I'd say 70 +/-2 points B&C.

That doesn't mean he's not a shooter. It depends upon what else is available in your unit. I've shot lots of bucks like him, and lots smaller.

Depends what state, Wyoming or Nevada yes shoot him. Arizona or New Mexico I would hold off....for now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom