ANY WORD ON EXTENDING THE SHED SEASON OPENING DATE UNTIL JUNE 1ST???

Hop, skip and a jump to apply it to shed hunting. I can't wait for the tears.

You Mean Some Will Be Dropping Fawns!

Maybe The Opening of Shed Season Needs To Open July 1st?:D

I would be Ok wait until May 15 if needed. June first is late. A lot of grass and doe and cow elk will be dropping fawns and calves first week in June. just a consideration.

Because Our Game Herds Are In Rough Shape,What's Left Of Them!

And SS!

I Don't Think You Quite Understand What a DRAT will Do For a Shed!

They'll Blow Thousand$ to Find a 12.00 Antler Just For The LOOK AT ME/POST IT ON IG/Internet!

It's Just A Little Different Than An Alaskan Shed Hunt Down Here!

I Really Think You Should Spend a Couple Thousand Dollars,Take 2 Weeks Off Work & Partake In The Annual Festival here in DRATville!

Why do you care elkass?

I know lots of people out shed hunting last weekend. Up Hobble creek lots of people walking out with antlers and getting checked. Not sure what they did to them. My friend that lives at the mouth of the canyon saw lots of people out hiking. Also, another guy was out "hiking" and found a dead head. Called it in and was given the 6x6 elk head since it was winter kill. And it was not by a road. And you wonder how they found it??? LOL!

I know lots of people out shed hunting last weekend. Up Hobble creek lots of people walking out with antlers and getting checked. Not sure what they did to them. My friend that lives at the mouth of the canyon saw lots of people out hiking. Also, another guy was out "hiking" and found a dead head. Called it in and was given the 6x6 elk head since it was winter kill. And it was not by a road. And you wonder how they found it??? LOL!
So we cant Shed hunt yet but we can hike all over tarnation looking for deadheads to report. That is messed up!

So we cant Shed hunt yet but we can hike all over tarnation looking for deadheads to report. That is messed up!
And I can hike all over looking for coyotes, cougars and a bear for my son with his spring bear tag. But once I bend over and pick up a shed while hiking, I am breaking the law.

Why would they do that? They haven’t delayed the Turkey hunts that start this weekend. Ohhh wait…..they don’t make money of shed hunters.

So what have you heard?

Don't listen to SS, he's always "out of his own lane" and thinks he knows everything regarding all 50 "lanes".

Above is the "Chatter" I read about wyoming, and one simple click in the Wyoming page there is a thread about it.

I had no idea they even closed it. God it’s been a ghost town out there scooping up browns and whites.
(I’m joking so don’t take me seriously.)
I'm not positive that it has actually been postponed.
I only stated "chatter" about it but didn't have any interest in a conclusion, but it appears to be in their scope.

Maybe @SS! can pony up with his extensive knowledge outside of his lane?

I'm not positive that it has actually been postponed.
I only stated "chatter" about it but didn't have any interest in a conclusion, but it appears to be in their scope.

Maybe @SS! can pony up with his extensive knowledge outside of his lane?
He is the Cliff Clavin of monster muleys isn’t he ?

Don't listen to SS, he's always "out of his own lane" and thinks he knows everything regarding all 50 "lanes".

Above is the "Chatter" I read about wyoming, and one simple click in the Wyoming page there is a thread about it.
You said Wyoming already did but they have not made a decision yet. Like I said, stay in your lane. Just like when you were trying to hunt a LQ unit on a region tag.

I like how you try to play off you’re in the know, “ I saw chatter about it yesterday”. So you read an article linked in the WY forum. Why didn’t you just say that? And your reading comprehension sucks balls. But you try to play the cool kid like you have some insider info. ?

I had no idea they even closed it. God it’s been a ghost town out there scooping up browns and whites.
(I’m joking so don’t take me seriously.)
Sadly there is more than a few that I am sure have no idea. If it is not part of their IG or FB they would never know.

They gave him the 6x6 the same day.? A DWR officer was able to go to the location and investigate it the same day it was found, and they were able to get the paperwork processed and signed awarding the deadhead... all in the same day.?? Hmmm...

They gave him the 6x6 the same day.? A DWR officer was able to go to the location and investigate it the same day it was found, and they were able to get the paperwork processed and signed awarding the deadhead... all in the same day.?? Hmmm...
I think they just look it over and make sure there isn’t a projectile, I don’t think they tape off the scene and wait for csi

I think they just look it over and make sure there isn’t a projectile, I don’t think they tape off the scene and wait for csi
Not in my experience. I had to provide the GPS coordinates, they went in when they were available (weeks later), did their investigation, brought the head out, and reported they couldn't determine cause of death... so it wasn't awarded. It took an appeal and follow up, and 4 months later, awarded... that was a 305" bull.

Not in my experience. I had to provide the GPS coordinates, they went in when they were available (weeks later), did their investigation, brought the head out, and reported they couldn't determine cause of death... so it wasn't awarded. It took an appeal and follow up, and 4 months later, awarded... that was a 305" bull.
You got screwed, we found a deadhead, called waited a few hours.they took pics, determined it had most likely been hit by a vehicle. A little paperwork and a hand shake and that was it

It was 2 days later, and they live and found the bull 5 minutes from the DWR office.

Honestly I think it depends on the officer that does the investigation. Some of them just do not like to give them back. The only one I have ever turned in obviously died of natural causes and it still took a few months and me badgering the guy before he handed it over.

What's His Initials Jake?

Honestly I think it depends on the officer that does the investigation. Some of them just do not like to give them back. The only one I have ever turned in obviously died of natural causes and it still took a few months and me badgering the guy before he handed it over.

I Know JL!

He Must Of Wanted The Rack!:D
I think it was more of a principle thing with him. It was still fairly early since they had started lettingpeopleturn them in and keep them. It wasn't a big bull, but it was cool. Had an almost 40" spike on one side, and a 5 point horn on the other. Super old bull, he said it's teeth were all but gone. Which is likely the reason he died.

Still waiting @slamdunk

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom