Anybody chipped a 6.4L Powerstroke?

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
I'm just wondering what the experience has been and if there is one particular method of chipping that people have had success with.

It's always an adventure!!!

Jim, I chipped a golf ball once with my 7 iron. It didn't turn out so well though. The ball ended up farther from the hole than when I started.

I can't imagine chipping a truck engine.

Eel

Awholelottabull;

There used to be a forum web site for Ford diesel truck owners that may answer your question.

I have not used it for over a year or two, but they had everything on diesels. I can not recall the exact name of the site.

RELH

I had an Edge chip on my 08 f250 6.4 that has a 6" lift with 35" tires and it ran good. It seemed like the regeneration cycled quite offten and the mileage only improved 2 to 3 mpg but had alot more power than stock. On the second time this happened I pulled it out; When it was installed originally it shut down the computer system completely and had to have it towed to the ford dealer to reprogram the computer. The security system shut down and every thing on the truck was dead. They needed both keys to reprogram the computer. At first they told me it needed a new computer but were finally able to get it going. It happened again about a year and a half later when I was changing the setting in a parking lot and once again the computer was locked down and the truck was dead. I had it towed back to ford to reprogram the computer and I pulled it out. I am no mechanic so if this would have happened 90 miles down a dirt road I would still be walking. Just my experience.
Thanks
Gene Garcia

www.powerstroke.org may be the one RELH is talking about...This is a very informative site...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

AWLB!
Our local dealer has a 'New 2011' PowerJoke for 64K
Get ready to buy Catalyst & poor in it along with 3.25+ per gallon & fuel & other additives.
They keep it up with these Diesels & RUS may not have to inhale anymore!}>}>}>

Check out www.dieselstop.com for info. I know that my 6.0 was supposed to be the worst engine ever and I read on there that the 6.0 was maxxed out at the factory and chipping it was asking for problems. I never did anything to it and have 120000 miles and going strong.

Chips are stupid. If you want more power do it mechanically! Exhaust, turbo, intake, injectors. Its a little more expensive to start but alot cheaper down the road.

A buddy of mine went to wyotech for diesel mechanics and they figured up what the chip changed, what the truck can handle and so on. When you chip your truck for big power gains and so on you shave on average 75k off your truck, depending on the driver and different conditions.

Economy programmers have less negative impact on your truck but do what they say they do. But you can beat the hell out of a truck that is stock and do the same thing. Chips just enable you more to beat the truck!

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom