Anybody hunt with a single shot rifle?

D

Dirtysteve

I was wondering if there were any single shot rifle fans out there besides me? I have an Encore that I love!
Maybe someday I will find a TCR to add to my collection.

I bought my 13 year old son his 243 encore for his first deer hunt,after borrowing it for varmits I love it. Next is one for dad.I shoot a Ruger 270 m77 and have harvested numerous big game animals with it but the compact size and feel of the encore is awsome in the field.Didnt ever think I would leave the ole (meat in the pot) at home but it looks like next year will be the start of a new relationship with the ole one shot wonder.
fa96e0ef.jpg

one shot to the neck and he had his first big game animal.

I purchased a Pedersoli 1874 sharps in 45/70 several years ago. so far it has proven to be very accurate while target shooting. This coming year I am using it on a out of state buffalo hunt. I prefer to use a single shot to break in kids to the shooting sports. It is easier to find a SS that will fit them and due to having only the one shot, I found that most people will use more care in making that first and only shot count.
RELH

JDR;
Forgive my bad manners, tell your Son that is a nice buck he got and I am sure that his Father was as proud as the boy when he dropped it. My oldest son was 13 when he got his first buck in Wyoming and I and his Grandfather had the pleasure of being there with him. Heck, we bragged more about it then the boy did.

RELH

JDR
Outstanding! I can't wait until my boys are old enough to hunt. I bet that was better than any deer you ever shot.
I think starting out with a ss is a very good idea for a young hunter.
Merry Christmas

My dad got me a ruger single shot 7mm Remington Mag for Christmas I'll be taken it out tomorrow morning to shoot it and then I'll let you know what I think about it.

Jake

I shoot an an encore with several different barrels, I love it. If interchangable barrels were not a factor, I'd stay with the Ruger #1 due to the extractor system which the encore is lacking. If you ever get stuck brass in the chamber of an encore you have to dig it out with a knife.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom