anyone else see the WSPA ads on this forum?

WAPITI39

curious if anyone else has noticed the ads from WSPA popping up on the side bars of this forum? they are very much affiliated with the HSUS and have been know to support many antihunting campaigns.

What is WSPA? Usually popups are not affiliated with the actual website, but are a bug in your computer. I am not seeing them anywhere on this website.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

i saw one on here just before i clicked on this post, i thought it was interesting. quite the place for an ad like that to be popping up!
"Shoot Strait"

Are you seeing them as ads embedded in this website or as popups? The popups are NOT associated with this website, they are a function of your computers inability to block them.

I have yet to see an ad like you are describing, but my computer blocks pop ups.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I just saw one at the bottom of the page and it wasnt a popup.

If WSPA or whatever is like the Humane Society I wouldnt give them the sweat off of my balls.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-10 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]My apologies for using the term Pop Ups, they are actually imbedded side bar ads in the website itself. I have notified Brian of the concerns. They are very much affiliated with the HSUS. WSPA stands for World Society for the Protection of animals. If you Google them you can ind many atricles where they are encouraging folks to protest upcoming Bear Hunts in New jersey( at the time) Etc. Strange that they would want to pay to advertise on a site such as this, wonder what their Agenda truely is?????

Wow I have seen like 10 ads in the last 5 pages for them on this site, sure seems like they found a way to target there advertising to this site.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-10 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]Glad you all are seeing the ads! LOL

I don't anything about this organization, but I trust that WAPITI39 does. The ads are feed through an ad network. Anyway, I have turned them off. Can't be helping an outfit that is behind Anti-Hunting. They should all stop appearing by the end of today. Hopefully they don't come up again after that, but if they do, email me. It's possible that it could be reissued and reinstated. There's no way for me to automatically exclude them. I have to do it manually. There are hundreds of advertisers who deliver ads to MM through that network.

Anyway, if you see them again, email me and I will turn them off. If it happens to much, I will contact the ad company.

PS - Was anyone out there turned Anti-Hunter because of the ads on the site here? LOL
If so, we'll have an intervention and take you to shoot something.

Thanks,

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I was actually thinking it might be a good place for them to advertise, better here then someware they might actualy get a donation to there cause. Pretty sure there ads are useless here.

"If so, we'll have an intervention and take you to shoot something."

Brian.... My name is Terry and I am an ad induced anti hunting convert..... When do we leave for the hunt intervention???... Terry

I think its sad that these people spend much of the money that is donated to "protect abused animals" to try to stop hunting and hunters. I read that 1 penny from every dollar that the Humane Society gets goes to rescue abused horses and dogs and the other 99 goes toward paying staff, advertising against the Beef industry and hunting etc.

Shame on them for misleading well meaning people.

AZStickman, your right that does sound like a good time. Brian, Thank you very much for the fast action and resolution, much appreciated.

Here you go- Right off their own website:

WSPA?s work is focused on four priority animal welfare areas:

Companion animals ? responsible pet ownership, humane stray management and cruelty prevention.

Commercial exploitation of wildlife ? intensive farming and the cruel management and killing of wild animals for food or by-products.

Farm animals ? intensive farming, long distance transport and slaughter of animals for food.

Disaster management ? providing care to animals suffering as a result of man-made or natural disasters, and thereby protecting people?s livelihoods.

RAVING ANTI's!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom