Anyone have their (original) Remington 700ML scoped?

dropper10

I have an original 700ML and am in the process of putting a magnified Leupold scope on it, I noticed that the Rail(s) that I have on it now are a 2 piece and looks as if it may not position my Leupold far enough forward. from what I can tell a 1 piece rail would not work because the rail would go over the action where the 209 would be placed. Anyone out there have a scoped 700ML? I would love to hear how you made it work. Thanks.

I have had a scope on mine and used a two-piece mount the relief is just fine for me. I am still looking for suggestions on a peep site set up.

I purchased a new Remington model 700 muzzle loader rifle way back in 2001....one of the first. Stainless steel with a black synthetic stock in .54 caliber. Immediately upon the purchase, I had the business (Mann's Sporting Goods, Pinckneyville, IL) owner and Remington factory rep--John Mann) to install a new Lyman #57 peep sight with different apertures. John is a skilled gunsmith and the peep sight was installed perfectly. A great addition to the rifle. I have used this weapon probably 12 to 15 times in Colorado during the black powder season and have always be impressed with the rifle. The peep sight has a huge ghost ring and three different sized opening adapters. You can call John Mann at this number (618-357-2911). His business is in southern Illinois. He does all of the factory work for Remington in our tri-state area. I have killed probably 10 cow elk with my Remington 700 in .54 caliber. I use the 518 grain No Excuses bullet; Blackhorn powder at 90 grains by volume, and a hot CCI 209 primer. Adding a peep sight improved my shooting ability hugely. Hope this true info helps you in your quest to put a peep sight on your 700 Remington M.L. rifle. Cow Tag

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom