Anyone here hunt with an M1 Garand?

ismith

Very Active Member
Carried one on a hunt last year and I have to say it felt darn good in the hands.

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-10 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]I would think that it would be on the heavy side but growing up, we had a guy in our group that hunted nothing else but his Garand. He was a crack shot, i don't remember him ever missing a buck!! :)

My Grandpa carried a M-1 carbine in the box in the back of his ol truck. As a young kid, i remember vividly him slowly stopping and him getting out the pickup, opening up the lid on the box, reaching in and taking the carbine outa the oil rag it was wrapped in, racking a round into the chamber, and then aiming at where a nice forky had been standing about 30 feet off an old ranch road on his property not 200 yds from the flattened little cabin where he was born.

"He run away Grandpa" i said. Grandpa was usually never in much of a hurry!

Joey

They are a bit on the hefty side, but I think my .338 win mag is a bit heavier. I have a carbine as well and I think with soft points they would be decent for deer at reasonable ranges.

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

I pack mine when the weather is really really nasty for Elk....don't have to worry about the scope getting all fogged up or soak and wet with rain...peep sights just don't do that...and if I fall down and bust my butt, one more scratch definitely ain't gonna hurt its appearance..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom