Anyone know where to go

M

my280

My father passed away in a tragic electrical accident almost 10 years ago. My brothers and I vowed we'd take an outdoor adventure together every year just to enjoy each others company and talk about dad. Well it's been 4 years since we did anything. Anyway, my question is, do you have a place you can recomend to antelope hunt for a trespass type fee for next year, 2011? We might want to hunt deer at the same time. We don't care much which state as we have to travel a bit anyway. Trophy quality doesn't mean all that much either just something respectable where we wont see many or any other hunters. we would like to use the rifles but we archery hunt as well. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. We'd be thrilled to take some does and hunt the last week of the season. I know you can call for "the list" but thought I could save someone the speech. Thanks for any and all help.

I would apply for PP's this summer so you have more options come next year & all of you guys will have the same amount of points. There's a lot of good information on specific units through out this forum that should help you narrow down a specific unit. Planning the hunt is half the fun for me so i enjoy reading & learning as much as i can. Sorry to hear about your father & best of luck to you.

7 Mag

I do plan on buying a pp. I've never applied for a tag in the western states. It looks like with 1 pp I should be able to draw for unit 93 with a "special" What exactly is that. Has anyone hunted there? We'd like to be able to take a deer as well. It looks like unit 135 is a general tag. Do you need to apply or can you buy otc. I appolagize for my ignorance but I'm a bit confused. I'm sure if i do enough research I'd figure it out but if you can help It'd be much appreciated. Thanks

You should draw 93 in the special drawing with one point. The special drawing just costs more, meaning some are willing to pay the extra money to be put into a separate drawing with everyone else that forked over the extra cash. There aren't any over the counter buck deer tags but sometimes there's leftover tags after the drawing.

7 Mag

See if anyone can get you info on the Dead Horse Creek Ranch. It used to be owned by Tom Jones ( not the singer ) and he had water near every section of deeded and BLM land . Tags used to be a sure draw so you might check that also. He ranched basically outside of Gillette from the Powder River to the county line and from Interstate 90 south for a crap load of square mile sections ! The guys I knew that hunted on him have passed away so I don't have info on his place now but the Chamber of Commerce should be able to give you the info on the ranch. I never heard a bad word against Tom !

Pat C.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-10 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]I think it would be 23 antelope and 19 deer. looks like 100% draw no points and Regular draw ! STILL !

Pat C.

unfortunately that is all I really have left on Tom's place but if I can shake any more info out I'll try and get it to you.

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom