anyone shoot a sako?

muzz

Long Time Member
Looking at getting a new rifle. Looking at the sako 85 or the nosler tgr.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

>Looking at getting a new rifle.
>Looking at the sako 85
>or the nosler tgr.
>
>O--one
>B--big
>A--ass
>M--mistake
>A--america
>
>
>
>
>
>I have a Sako Forester. awesome rifle. Mine is one of the old Finish rifles. If you have the bucks you will be happy
>

I have shot them Nice. Don't have one. But if I had your money I would bye 2. How ya been buddy check out the sheep forum puddle valley

Rutnbuck

Doing alright here, How are you? Where ya livin now?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I've owned a Sako 85 Finnlight in 300wsm for five years. Accuracy is very good with factory loads, trigger is fantastic and it's light. Scope mounts are expensive and the screws on them are crap. Don't plan on changing scopes unless you buy more screws. Mine is the older model before they upgraded the stock. I love the rifle and would buy one again.

I have the 85 Finnlight in .7mm
I love the hell out of the gun! It's light and shoots like a dream!
I bought mine this year. They are pricey but worth every penny IMHO. Mounts are spendy too but the action is silky smooth.
Buy it and don't look back!

Traditional >>>------->

I don't own one but shot my friends 300wsm. Don't like it, cause it kicks too much. I have a x-bolt in 300 wsm and I have shot it all day with no bruising or sore shoulder. That sako caused my shoulder to hurt right away.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I prefer the older Sako's, but recommend any of them except TRG's. I've had a few and still have an L691 in 270 weatherby, great rifle.

Bought a Model 74 Super in 7mm mag when they came out in that year. Still hunting with it today. I took an elk on the Pauns this year with it and I never saw another reason to change in 39 years. It cost me $180.

I own an older Finnish Sako in .270 Win. I like the gun; groups decent enough with factory loads( Federal Premium 130 gr Sierra BTSP). The action seems a little stiffer than I like. I've owned it for 35 years or so. Killed many a critter with it; including elk.

However, I prefer my Remington BDL Custom Deluxe in 30.06 as far as action and accuracy. Most accurate gun in the safe, and it was free! I won a local big buck contest one year.

If I was to buy a new gun, Sako would be down the list a ways, unless they have a faster action these days.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-13 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]I have many rifles, Sako, weatherbys, Brownings, Remington's etc...

My favorite rifle is my Sako 85 Finnlight .300 wsm. It's light, best stock action I've used, accurate and just a quality rifle. I did put it in a mcmillan stock and like it much better than the original. I had the older stock, it was the one thing I didn't like about the rifle. The newer stock design seems like an improvement over the previous but I highly recommend the mcmillan.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-13 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]I've got two. One is a tack driving Forester L579 in .243 made in August of 1968. The other is a Finnbear L61R in 30-06 made in the first half of 1973. Both look like they were just made yesterday.

I shoot a 30-378 Shoots the same groups as My Wthby 30-378, I use the same load and get the same results.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I received my first sako 75 as a gift about 10 years ago. I now own several. Replaced every one of my Remington's and Brownings. I do not own an 85, but I'm sure they're as good as the 75. Every Sako I've been around was extremely accurate and as smooth as any custom rifle. No experience with the nosler, but I'm sure its a quality rifle.

I have two Sako 85's. One is a 300wsm and the other a 7mag. Very nice factory rifles,
they both shoot great.
The 300 wsm is a synthetic stainless and the 7 mag is a stainless with a laminate stock. I prefer the synthetic stainless.

BT

The pre-Garcia models, better yet the Bofors marked ones are some of the best production rifles ever made. I'm not impressed with the newer ones.

Stay thirsty my friends

TopGun, I own a Sako in .243 caliber. It has L579 stamped on its receiver. Its serial number is 112xxx. It has Forester stamped on it barrel. Is this a common run Sako? A good one? It is a quality shooting rifle in regards to its accuracy. Wonder about when it was manufactured? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Cow Tag

I had an AV Sako in 7mm for many years. It was bedded in a custom laminated stock. I killed a lot of nice deer, elk and antelope with this rifle. I took my best Wyoming mule deer with it. A few years ago, I passed it on to my oldest son. Since that time, he has taken some great deer and one elk with it. The best rifle I ever owned.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-13 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]I have a Sako 75 Finnlight in 300 wsm. It's been a killing machine for the last 8 years. The weight and balance are great, the accuracy is just what was guaranteed (it'll shoot just about anything well), and the adjustable trigger is clean and crisp. If I had the money I'd buy another finnlight in a heartbeat!

>
>
>
>The pre-Garcia models, better yet the
>Bofors marked ones are some
>of the best production rifles
>ever made. I'm not impressed
>with the newer ones.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

Why are you not impressed with the newer Sako rifles? I have a couple of them and they are outstanding rifles. My only small complaint might be the stock on the finnlight. Accuracy, fit and finish are top shelf.

I have never shot a new one, But I have friends that have both new and old and they claim the older models are more accurate and have smoother trigger action.
I love mine.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Hunt30, I have several Bofors marked Sako's and if you compare the fit and finish of those early rifles to the new ones it's pathetic. that's not to say the new ones are junk, they're just not impressive.

Sako used to have a reputation for accuracy in those days, today from what I've seen they're average. like most production guns they had to bring the cost down and Beretta knows how to save a nickle .

In my opinion Sako is still one of the better new rifles in spite of it all.

Stay thirsty my friends

I have a Sako 591 which is a short action 7mm-08. I love the palm swell on the grip and it feeds rounds from the magazine so slick that if you were blindfolded you couldn't tell if you were chambering a round or just working the bolt on empty. Oh yeah, it shoot half inch groups with 120 gr TTSX to boot. I love it!

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom