Anyone shoot the new Weatherby S2?

ClarkW

I know the S2 has been out for a few months now and am wondering what people think about it. I have the original Vanguard and it's a nice rifle. Been looking at the vanguard subMOA, but the S2 is a few hundred less.

Yes I have one in 30-06, the things I like about it: the new stock has been trimmed down and has a palm swell on the pistol grip like the Browning A-bolts, the new matte metal finish, the 3 position safety, and mine can flat out shoot i.e. half inch groups at 100 yards. The things I dislike: the two stage trigger, keep in mind there is nothing wrong with it other than it is a hair heavier than my other rifles. Basically the only change I am going to make to it, is changing out to a single stage Timney trigger. I do reload for it but it shoots most ammunition well, mine likes reloads containing Accubonds, SSTs, Hornady inerlock btsp, and GMX all in 165 grain. Factory ammunition wise it shot Hornady Superformance, Hornady Custom, and Fusion all under an inch.

I have the s2 and have been to the range once and Iam very impressed... I lkie the 2 stage trigger and you can adjust it to about 3#'s.... under an 1" and I think I can get it to 1/2 by working on the loads.....its 7MM rem mag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom