Anyone use the 162 Eld X

muzz

Long Time Member
Anyone use the 162 Eld X bullets on elk?

What’s your opinion or experience with them?

I do and have never had an issue. Cow elk, pronghorn, and deer have all died just fine from it.

Since this is in the elk forum, I can say I watched a mature bull die where it was shot by a friend at 611 yards with this bullet as well.

I did last year on a bull at 400 yards out of my 280 Ackley. I put three shots into lungs, no major bone hit and no exits. He didn't go more than 10 yards but no exits made me lose confidence in the eldx.

I have used them as well. Seen several big bulls go down with them. I think at shorter ranges they blow through animals and leave a big exit wound. At longer ranges I also have had them not penetrate through. My sample size is low though so I am very interested to see what others say.

I’m going to shoot the 162 eld m bullets. Eldx seems to be a hit and miss grenade

I shot a small bull last year with them. I hit him twice at about 140 yards and he went down real fast. Both bullets went all the way though. I was impressed but at at that distance I think lots of bullets would have done the trick.

IMG_3610.jpeg

Since this is an elk forum, I will only comment on my elk experiences.

I have been using that bullet since it came out. I don’t plan on switching. I have seen a horde of elk go down from this bullet. Only 1 took more then 1 shot ( that one took 3 and none of the shots were further then 40 yards) but the shots have ranged from 30-800+.

Bull didn’t go 10 yards but you lost confidence in the bullet?

Weird. Seems like it did exactly what it was designed to do…kill the animal quickly.
They did result in a dead elk quickly but in my experience with other bullets in similar shots, (accubonds, scirrocos, and even fusions) they all have been complete pass through. Makes me lose a little confidence in there ability to punch through any bone in the event of a mis-placed shot..I'll continue to use them for deer and antelope because they shoot extremely well out of my rifle but I have switched back to accubonds for elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom