Application correct?

S

SierraFool

I applied fr NR deer and a NR point for elk.
On my online application for elk this is what the reciept said:

non res anterless elk app
hunt code:ep99999p
pref pnts
seasons:01/01/2008-12/31/2008
unit:#999

My question is why does it say "anterless elk" when I applied for a point for "elk". A friend had the same reults...I repeated it a few times but it kept defaulting to the same.

Your application is correct. You are being charged for a cow tag ($251/Non-Res) when applying for a pref point since that is cheaper than a bull tag ($526/Non-Res). You'll get most of that money back depending on if you had a license last year for that specific species. If you didn't have an elk license last year, they charge you $25 for applying for a PP.

It doesn't matter what price you pay, a point is a point and can be used on either sex.

MSgt, USAF
1984 to present

A few other things to note. The deer point is only $79 this year as well because of this years addition of a special doe hunt in selected areas where the non res tag is only $79.

I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but last year I applied for just the deer point and expected to be hit with the $25 fee, but I was not. The only thing I can figuar is that I had applied for and drawn an elk tag the previous two years.

The $25 fee reg reads funny so its hard to tell if CDOW made a mistake or if the elk tags saved me $25. They did not charge the $25 to the guy I hunt with either.

Anyway, your PP apps are good and you will receive your points to be used for future deer and elk hunt applications.

264X300

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom