Applications Numbers 2024 draw~ system crash

Looserowel505

So hopefully this year the game and fish applications system stays up and operational and people are not waiting for the last day to enter. Last year on the last day so many people were logged on the system crashed and the department kept the system open an addition 24 hours and another 18K applications were accepted . . It raised to total applications just shy of 290K which is the most applications for NM. I talked with a guy I know and he said its already looking like another record breaking year, so hopefully the draw does close on the established date with no hick ups....Any word from the MM game and fish persons?

I agree that last year was pure BS to allow the system to stay open . Punish the folks that are following the dates and lower the odds for the responsible people all to make an extra buck. How convient to put outthat the system broke and reminder to apply lol

I agree that last year was pure BS to allow the system to stay open . Punish the folks that are following the dates and lower the odds for the responsible people all to make an extra buck. How convient to put outthat the system broke and reminder to apply lol
Well after next week the weekly fish and game emails will be popping up causing mad log ins to see if the draw is done...

In Super Bowl LI the Patriots were losing 28-3, if the roof of the retractable Dome had crashed down (hypothetically no one got hurt) at that time would they have called the game over and let the Falcons win. As it went Patriots finish the greatest comeback of all time in a Super Bowl and there was no Crash of the Roof.

Would people of wanted the game called and give the win to the Falcons?
Should the Patriots not have waited until the last quarter to make their comeback because something like this could happen and they should have taken care of business earlier.
In high school a game can be called after halftime due to lightening and the team ahead at that point is considered the winner. Not sure about NFL rule on this. Is that right? Was the team behind about to make the greatest comeback of all time? The Crash of the lightening and thunder just decided the game, but before halftime the game cannot have a winner.

If something has a set ending, but uncontrolled circumstances happened then should they stick to a deadline or extend it. There is not a rule that says don't wait until the last day. To be honest I don't know I feel about them extending it last year. I feel the system crashed and people couldn't apply on a system that was set up to apply, regardless of waiting until the last day or not. What if the system crashes 2 weeks early and they can't get it going again by the deadline? Did people wait to long and shouldn't have waited until the last two weeks?

As you can tell, I have to much time on my hands today and need to get back to work. Have a good day and good luck to everyone in the Draw. Unless of course you apply for my same hunts as me, in that case hope you don't draw and I do.

It was my understanding the system didn't crash, it was too many people applying over the telephone that overloaded their staff so they weren't able to get through everyone on hold...

We were reminded 8,565 times to apply, apply, apply. We had months to do so. IMO anyone who couldn't get through at the last minute for whatever reason has no excuse. At 5pm it's tough luck, they should have planned ahead.

In Super Bowl LI the Patriots were losing 28-3, if the roof of the retractable Dome had crashed down (hypothetically no one got hurt) at that time would they have called the game over and let the Falcons win. As it went Patriots finish the greatest comeback of all time in a Super Bowl and there was no Crash of the Roof.

Would people of wanted the game called and give the win to the Falcons?
Should the Patriots not have waited until the last quarter to make their comeback because something like this could happen and they should have taken care of business earlier.
In high school a game can be called after halftime due to lightening and the team ahead at that point is considered the winner. Not sure about NFL rule on this. Is that right? Was the team behind about to make the greatest comeback of all time? The Crash of the lightening and thunder just decided the game, but before halftime the game cannot have a winner.

If something has a set ending, but uncontrolled circumstances happened then should they stick to a deadline or extend it. There is not a rule that says don't wait until the last day. To be honest I don't know I feel about them extending it last year. I feel the system crashed and people couldn't apply on a system that was set up to apply, regardless of waiting until the last day or not. What if the system crashes 2 weeks early and they can't get it going again by the deadline? Did people wait to long and shouldn't have waited until the last two weeks?

As you can tell, I have to much time on my hands today and need to get back to work. Have a good day and good luck to everyone in the Draw. Unless of course you apply for my same hunts as me, in that case hope you don't draw and I do.
That’s a hell of hypothetical!! 😂🤣

Pretty damn convenient! I bet dominion makes the software used …..
Fo sho.

🧐😂

I definitely understand the time-value-of-money concerns for the nonresidents, but I also think if they put it off untill the last day and time expires while they're on hold, that was a risk they knowingly took. For residents, I have even less sympathy. You might save yourselves what, about $10 in interest? Get your apps in at least a week early and quit overloading the system. If NMDGF gave a tenth of a percent increase in our draw odds for every day early that we got our apps in, it would fix this problem... 😎

First time putting in as a NR. I waited until yesterday (Tuesday) morning and the system was working as normal. Previously, as a resident I would put in as soon as the draw opened. Now, shelling out the money for me and my son took some strategy to minimize unnecessary cost.

Hunted the Jornada Depredation Oryx tag over the weekend and couldn’t believe how great the hunt was. When I moved out of state I thought I would likely never kill an oryx. Then, out of nowhere I got an email saying I’d get a chance. NM has unbeatable hunting opportunities and I hope to always use them to be out immersed in God’s creation.
IMG_5555.jpeg

Submitted my applications this morning about 5 am central time no issues. I have always submitted my applications about 13 hours before the deadline and no issues.

I definitely understand the time-value-of-money concerns for the nonresidents, but I also think if they put it off untill the last day and time expires while they're on hold, that was a risk they knowingly took. For residents, I have even less sympathy. You might save yourselves what, about $10 in interest? Get your apps in at least a week early and quit overloading the system. If NMDGF gave a tenth of a percent increase in our draw odds for every day early that we got our apps in, it would fix this problem... 😎
Not to start an argument but for some NR's with kids the amount and interest on CC can get be an issue. In my case when all three of my sons were in school it was $8300 to apply for deer, elk, antelope, oryx, ibex, sheep, barb each. When applying for the four of us that was $33K on the card! It made no sense for me to be applying 2 - 4 weeks ahead of the deadline.
If the deadline is listed, the system should be open for people to apply on the last day. NM is the only state that has this issue (its not the applicant's issue)

Not to start an argument but for some NR's with kids the amount and interest on CC can get be an issue. In my case when all three of my sons were in school it was $8300 to apply for deer, elk, antelope, oryx, ibex, sheep, barb each. When applying for the four of us that was $33K on the card! It made no sense for me to be applying 2 - 4 weeks ahead of the deadline.
If the deadline is listed, the system should be open for people to apply on the last day. NM is the only state that has this issue (its not the applicant's issue)
1000%....

A lot of state agencies charge a service fee on using the charge card to cover the charge service fee. NM does not. They are probably breaking even on the $13 nonresident application fee on elk and are losing on oryx/ibex/sheep. The non-refundable license to apply covers it, but they aren't making a bunch on extra nonresident applications.

$13 per species and $65 for a license and $4 habitat management. Even if someone only applies for 3 species they are still making over $100 off each NR that probably wont step foot in their state let alone utilize the combo hunting license unless they are one of the select few that actually draws a tag.

I'm not 100% certain but don't card companies charge transaction fees based on the dollar amount charged? If so, then NM isn't too bright in requiring the full license cost up front (absorbing that transaction fee and then again absorbing the transaction fee when the license costs are returned)

I'm pretty sure they have aren't losing any money though.

Not worried about the draw. I have a down payment on a LO tag if unsuccessful. If I do draw I told the landowner we will apply it to next year. win/win. I’ve been applying for NM Big game for a lot of years and never once had any kind of problem. Sometimes I put in early and sometimes late…..it’s all good. NM Big Game application….best in the west !

Just got the email that the roof crashed down on the building that holds the mother load computer and it will take a month to fix it. Turns out deadline is extended one month and a day. We are headed into overtime ladies and gentlemen. :cool:;)

In all seriousness, good luck to everyone and here is to early draw results. 🍻

I drew a gila elk tag. Can anyone tell me where I might find a monster bull? Too soon?

I'm a NR again and as I applied this year I quickly realized that this is going to get expensive when my kids start being able to apply! I wait til the end but definitely not the last hours of the last day! So far NM has always refunded the money quick enough that it hits the card before payment is due. Certainly beats WY who holds my elk $ for 3+ months and charges a service fee on the transaction!

I drew a gila elk tag. Can anyone tell me where I might find a monster bull? Too soon?

I'm a NR again and as I applied this year I quickly realized that this is going to get expensive when my kids start being able to apply! I wait til the end but definitely not the last hours of the last day! So far NM has always refunded the money quick enough that it hits the card before payment is due. Certainly beats WY who holds my elk $ for 3+ months and charges a service fee on the transaction!
I didn’t do it first this year Pablo 😂🤣

So what's everyone's guess on result date? And do you think they will release E-Tags the night before? I've got April 17th and I think they will do early E-Tag. They do that every other year to keep us guessing. lol

As long as it is before Utah is due the 25th so I can determine my level of risk I am happy. I wish these states would line up every three weeks in the spring from due to draw and then next up, I know dreaming.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom