Applying for just a weighted Pref Point in Co.?

D

_droptine_

Does anyone know if there are plans to allow you to put in for a weighted pref point only (for the species that they apply to) in the future in Colorado?

There are pros and cons to doing this, but I am curious if it DOW has considered doing this.

No. You accumulate the three regular points first and only then do you start to get the weighted points as a way of trying to reward the faithful(and unlucky) appliers

I understand about the 3 regular points. Once you have 3 regular points though, you get a weighted point if you are unsucessful. I was just wondering if it had ever been considered to allow people who already have 3 regular points to apply specifically for a weighted point. Say for example you knew you wouldn't be able to hunt one year. Right now you need to take a chance and apply anyway and then you may draw. If not, then you get a weighted point. If however, you could apply just for the weighted point, then you would not have to take a chance on drawing a tag that you couldn't use.

I think at some point in time they might consider is but right now I don't think its in the works. They recently did that for turkey so you never know. I could see it being of use once you get 7-8 weighted points where you have a legit chance of drawing just about anywhere but may not be able to hunt that year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom