Archery Deer For Non-Res

Broomer

I was looking for information on OTC Archery Deer tags for a Non-Res wanting to hunt in Idaho. I was thinking of trying something new this year and though of Idaho. What I want is some direction on what regions are good for high country mule deer. I know Idaho has some real remote and tough terrain. Is the deer herd in Idaho doing well? Do you get a lot a pressure during the Archery hunt?

I am not looking for a whooper buck just a 160 class buck. If I find bigger obviously I'll try to get on him but I just want a place to go and find animals. I'm not looking to road hunt so I'll hike. I was told by some folks in challis that those areas up around there have great bucks but you need to get of the roads. They said that if you get off the roads by 1000 yards you'll do alright. What can anybody tell me? Any Info wound be appreciated.

look at the frank church area and maybe some parts of the sawtooth area have to deal with wolves but if you do your homework and give it enough effort and get far enough up there you can find some decent deer

units 35, 39, 43 all have lots of high ground and many places you won't see another guy in years. lots of big deer in these units, you just have to keep your eyes open.

39 has no early bow season though and by the time the late bow rolls around the high country will be covered in snow, 43 is a good area though

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom