Archery Deer

junior

Very Active Member
Who is a good outfitter for archery deer? Can a guy get an otc tag for the said units anytime or is there a time frame?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-09 AT 08:08AM (MST)[p]Over the counter is for the archery only seasons. They are usually 8/22-9/11 and then again 12/15-1/31, in certain units (i.e. not the Strip, unfortunately). But they are all outlined in the regs when they come out....tick tock tick tock....

Apart from those dates, units, and weapon you have to draw. If you're looking for otc, get a hold of maddglasser. He seems to run a great operation down in the desert, and has taken some toads.

Look to the left on the AZ forum and click on Southwest Hunting Adventures. They provide an awesome hunt with 100% shot opportunities over the last five years.

Are there any private land outfitters? I never see much advertisement for any private land in AZ.

There is some but it isn't like other states. There are just as many good deer on public as there is private. Except for unit 10. I know a ranch in there that has some huse muleys on it but I don't know if they allow hunting on it.

I also 2nd the referal on SW hunting adventures. I've never hunted with Travis but I know he produces and does what he say he can do. Check his photo section on his website! If you want archery book with him for the late hunt.

Donnie

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-09 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]Thanks guys...I have to see what New Mexico gives me as far as tags. Eitherway I am planning to go somewhere this year, if I can find a good deer on the otc units. Don't want to burn my points unless its a real good unit.
Its hard enough to find a good deer, not alone hunting with a bow, so I plan to break my diy streak and go with a good guide. I want to hunt a good deer with a bow, not dinks.
I just applyed for points again in CO. and plan to do a archery deer hunt there to, but need another point to draw.

Travis I sent you a PM a week ago I think.

I sent one back at you. I don't what happened on my mess to you, but I sent it again.

Junior,
You can't go wrong with Travis (Madglasser) for the Jan hunt. I'm an outfitter in Az also but he's the guy for that hunt period.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom