Archery Desert Buck

L

longshooter

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-08 AT 07:02PM (MST)[p]Here is the muley I shot with my bow today in the desert. He is not a high scoring deer but he is a old buck (7-8 years) some charactor. His left side is taller than his right, his face is real light and he has a roman nose.. I told my self with it being January I would not shoot a buck under 180" but when I saw him I knew he needed to die.

I glassed him up over a mile away and could not really tell how big he was because of the angle but decided to put a stock on him.. Got a few hundred yards from him while he was feeding down a ridge. I just saw his left side and decided what the hell. Tried to get infront of him and he busted me at 72 yards. he just froze up so I flung a arrow and hit him right behind the shoulder. He took off and piled up 80-100 yards from were I shot him.
478970c35308d4cb.jpg

478970f753a13451.jpg

right on good job long, its good to see those old bucks taken out. i guess you get to sit on the sidelines with me now.

Nice buck Long.You look like a mean dude,I prolly wouldn't want to tangle with ya'.Dale what do you mean sitting on the side line? Thats a helluva buck with a bow.

mesquitehunter i ment only till we can shoot again hasent stop me from being out helping others, still going out daily, something to hold me over till utah,and colorado open so i can go stick another deer.

Congrats on a fine buck. I'm not sure too many of us would have passed up that buck, esp at that range. Great job!

Scott G.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom