Archery Elk....Any Luck?

FamousAddiction

Just wanted to see how everyone else is doing. I have been hunting the central part of the state and haven't had much luck. It's been pretty hot and dry, creeping in the timber is very difficult. On opening day I had 3 different bulls and a handful of cows responding to some subtle cow calls, but could never get closer than about 60 yds in the black timber. Went back for the long weekend and there isn't an elk to be found on the entire mountain. My guess is that they went looking for water due to the hot weather and there's not much on the mountain I was hunting. Just wanted to hear how the different parts of the state are doing.Good luck to all who haven't filled!

Hunting unit 56 and having tough luck, have only seen 2 elk in 4 days hunting, have seen 4 moose in that time though.....not even finding fresh sign, like they disappeared somewhere....

Just got back from hunting up North. Called in a 4 point for my boy (13 years old) but he didn't see him till he bolted from his down wind vantage point. We walked up on another herd in a draw feeding. Saw one cow at first at 38 yards but I didn't want a cow. Sent my son to get closer and he spooked up the whole herd that we didn't see. Two cows a calf and two bulls. One was a five point.

The elk had moved into more cover because the area had been disturbed by a hunter taking a small bull. So we were finding them in the heavy cover.

Going again in two weeks when they will be more into the rut.

I have been hunting unit 61 only hunting the weekends till the rut gets going better have seen alot of elk still waiting for the big one ,have passed on 5 smaller bulls all 5x5 .not a ton of bugles so still hard to locate.I only hope i get a chance at a good one...

I just got back from spending 4 days up in the FlatTops with 2 buddies.

We saw no elk in the natl forest and hiked about 20 miles in that time. We did see a herd of 30 with one nice 5x5 on some private ground.

It was disappointing to say the least. No bugles, no cow talk.

We even hit my "honey hole" where I've always seen elk, but nothing this year.

Nobody in that area had seen much either.

So, we're going to go find another spot in a week or 2.

Just got back from hunting unit 42 for 7 days, seen 2 elk both bulls, no bugling for 4 days but the last 2 days the second bull was pretty vocal. Took 2 days but called him in to 8 yards and shot a nice 6 point bull. First time hunting Colorado took a few days to learn the country but enjoyed it...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom