Archery Elk Hunt Video

Elkhntr12

I just finished up the video for my 2023 archery tag in Utah, if you have some free time give it a watch!
FEADEBC4-C12D-41ED-B291-1BA8DCF91DE8.jpeg

Just finished watching, awesome video and a lot of great memories you made. Bow hunting elk is hard just like your video showed. Helped my brother in law on an archery elk hunt. I hunted with him 12 days and he put in 15 days hunting. Finally he killed one on the last morning. Congrats on a great Bull and awesome video!

Throat shot? Hmmm.....definitely interesting choice of shot placement, regardless of whether or not that was the only choice. Most guys would pass that up but you made it work.

Thanks for sharing. That takes a lot of time and effort to put it all together. You'll look back on it and enjoy it forever. Congrats on a great hunt and bull!

I had the same tag for the same unit. It was tough, I spent around 10 total days hunting, had several close encounters and cool experiences. And while I ultimately didn't fill my tag I had a very fun and successful hunt. Big congrats on an awesome bull and making it all come together!

Great job on the bull and the video. You obviously put in some time on the mountain both scouting and hunting. The grind makes it more memorable!

Just finished watching, awesome video and a lot of great memories you made. Bow hunting elk is hard just like your video showed. Helped my brother in law on an archery elk hunt. I hunted with him 12 days and he put in 15 days hunting. Finally he killed one on the last morning. Congrats on a great Bull and awesome video!
It is definitely not an easy task! A lot harder than I thought it was going to be!

Throat shot? Hmmm.....definitely interesting choice of shot placement, regardless of whether or not that was the only choice. Most guys would pass that up but you made it work.
Throat shot but shooting down hill so it sunk down into his chest and got the good stuff. I felt confident in my shooting and he bled like crazy! I definitely had to think about it but I’m glad I let it fly.

I had the same tag for the same unit. It was tough, I spent around 10 total days hunting, had several close encounters and cool experiences. And while I ultimately didn't fill my tag I had a very fun and successful hunt. Big congrats on an awesome bull and making it all come together!
It is a fun place! I’m glad you had a heck of a time! A notched tag isn’t always what matters!

You can’t speak for anyone other than yourself. It obviously worked. If I had hunted that hard and that was the only opportunity I had up to that point, I’d take it.

Congrats on your awesome archery bull!

Thanks for sharing your video that probably took quite a bit of your time to put it together and was very well done. All your time and hard work scouting and patterning those bulls paid off for you big time on a hunt you will never forget!

That mountain with all the boulder fields looks downright nasty. Would that be the Boulder unit? Never been there but if it is I can see why it‘s called that 😂

Horniac

Cool vid man!!!! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the hard earned bull.

I called in one of the biggest bulls I’ve ever seen to 17 yards one morning back in like 2014. All I had was the frontal shot. I didn’t shoot. I’ve regretted not letting that arrow fly ever since.

Don’t listen to the guys who have nothing to add to a forum but smart a$$ comments.

Congrats again!!

Congrats on your awesome archery bull!

Thanks for sharing your video that probably took quite a bit of your time to put it together and was very well done. All your time and hard work scouting and patterning those bulls paid off for you big time on a hunt you will never forget!

That mountain with all the boulder fields looks downright nasty. Would that be the Boulder unit? Never been there but if it is I can see why it‘s called that 😂

Horniac
It wasn’t Boulder but the rock fields sucked bad! Lots of southern Utah units have that type of stuff! Editing it was definitely a challenge of its own😂 I appreciate your comment!

Cool vid man!!!! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the hard earned bull.

I called in one of the biggest bulls I’ve ever seen to 17 yards one morning back in like 2014. All I had was the frontal shot. I didn’t shoot. I’ve regretted not letting that arrow fly ever since.

Don’t listen to the guys who have nothing to add to a forum but smart a$$ comments.

Congrats again!!
Thank you! I had another bull early in the hunt with a frontal opportunity around 65-70 but had lots of trees around. I opted to pass and felt it was the right decision. I wanted to be under 60 and with Time winding down he has in a perfect open gap facing me and I’ve heard frontals are deadly and I felt good so I let it rip! Always hard to look back at what you shoulda/coulda done! Thank you for the comment!

Awesome job! Great hunt and way to put in the time. Being successful with a bow is the cherry on top.. And lifetime worth of memories!

Too bad we have these old timers make comments like they do. Legit is why no one comes to share their success on this site like we used to. Keep your damn negative comments to yourself!

Awesome job! Great hunt and way to put in the time. Being successful with a bow is the cherry on top.. And lifetime worth of memories!

Too bad we have these old timers make comments like they do. Legit is why no one comes to share their success on this site like we used to. Keep your damn negative comments to yourself!
AMEN!

can't tell you how many bulls i've killed with a frontal/throat shot. think the. farthest i've seen one go is about 60 yards. watched everyone of them die within minutes. if you know what your doing its a fantastic shot

can't tell you how many bulls i've killed with a frontal/throat shot. think the. farthest i've seen one go is about 60 yards. watched everyone of them die within minutes. if you know what your doing its a fantastic shot
No doubt! Easiest blood trial I’ve ever followed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom