Archery Elk Hunt

mountainman

I am 56 years old and live in Utah. I finally drew a limited entry Elk tag, hunted hard for 10 days but wound up eating tag soup. With the draw system in Utah it's not likely I'll draw another Elk tag while I can still archery hunt.

Would anyone be willing to give me a hint on where in Colorado I could hunt Elk with an over the counter NR Elk tag? I have yet to take a bull Elk with a bow.

Check out the Colorado DOW website. You'll be able to find all kinds of info - list of OTC archery areas, harvest statistics, etc. Then use the NDIS MapIt system and Google Earth to look at the areas you're interested in and narrow them down.

If you don't have the time to get to know a new area and would like a guided archery hunt, there are several outfits that operate in OTC areas. I'd recommend shopping around and speaking with several, but the one I've had great experiences with is Winterhawk Outfitters. I'd put them at the top of my list for a guided or drop camp archery hunt.

If you are interested in doing a private land trespass hunt, I have a great place for you to check out. I'll send you a PM with details.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom