Archery elk in Greenhorn wilderness

fuzzyvelvet

I am looking into putting in for the archery elk hunt next season in GMU 84 & 69. Just wondering if anyone has hunted it before and has any input? Elk numbers, size of bulls, if they are callable elk up there? Hunting pressure? Or any info on the surrounding areas in the units that are not wilderness would be fine too. You info is much appreciated.

Fuzzy

Hunted Unit 85 Arch. in '06 Elk, with limited success. Very little hunting pressure, though, in the San Isabel around the Spanish Peaks.

Thanks for the help. Did you end up getting anything? Got pictures? What size of bulls did you see? Were you able to bugle any in?

Fuzzy

No not much in the way of bugling, we used the long quiet days to scout for some deer, since we had drawn Unit 85 for rifle deer. We both connected with some very nice deer. I'll post some pics.

I archery hunted deer in there about 9 years ago. I saw some really nice bull elk up there in the wilderness area on my scouting trips. However, come opening morning, there were a ton of people up there. Traffic actually came to a standstill on the main road on top at 4am. I have never seen that before anywhere. I didn't see any elk on that opening morning. Hopefully it has changed since then.

i live in unit 691 right by their alot of people hunt but thier are some nice bulls and bucks up thier.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom