Archery ELK

mountainman

Can anyone point me in a direction (maybe unit number) that I could get an over the counter tag and have a decent chance (a lot of work is expected) of getting a bull - I have never harvested a bull with rifle or bow and I'm getting older (58) - i'd be very happy with a decent 5 point and not disappointed with a 4 point ?

Looking for a public land DIY hunt.

Its all about learning a unit and hiting it hard. You can save up points for 15 years or hit a over the counter unit every year and have a chance.

My brother has hunted unit 15 with fair success.

I am going some where with my muzzleloader this year.Depends on the unit I draw.I will only be hunting for a cow.

Highly recommend you try to locate someone that has hunted "with Success" before and try to tag along. Very difficult to plan a hunt for the first time on your own and be successful. CO is a very large state with lots of areas that do not have many elk and lots of hunters. You end up there and it may be a long week.

My family has been 15 for 15 during 1st rifle in #4. BUT I ate a tag there in "2010" archery hunting. There are tons of elk there and you need 1 PP to guarantee a NR to draw.

Unit #62 is OTC and I think with work, and repeated hunts in there, a guy could do em pretty regular.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom