Archery Hunting in Idaho

• Thread starter bowhunteridaho208
  • Start date
B

bowhunteridaho208

Hey just wondering what units have the most success with archery for mule deer and elk. I live in the Boise area and would love to draw the elk rifle tag in 40, but lets get real, its better chances to win the lottery. Anyone have any good suggestions on what units to hunt, what archery tags to put in for. If you would rather pm me that is fine. Any help would be great. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-09 AT 00:39AM (MST)[p]You can hunt elk in almost EVERY unit in Idaho with a bow. Pick one of the primo units, buy an OTC tag and go compete with the others that do it.

I hunted rifle in a controlled unit in 04. Scouted for 5 days, hunted for 5 days. Saw 3Xs more archery hunters the first five days scouting than I saw rifle hunters the next five. But there were elk there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom