Archery Records

desertbonehunter

Just wondering if Nevada has any kind of records for archery? If not is there anywhere someone could find the biggest animals ever taken in the state with a bow??

Nevada?s Record book doesn't separate between weapons. This buck was killed by my late uncle in the late 60?s I believe and it scores 228 net. At one point it was in the top 5 in P&Y all time. Is there any specific record your looking for, Muley, Lope, Elk,Sheep?

6473tonyadeer.jpg

yes I am looking for mule deer. I got a very nice archery muley this year and was just wondering what it would rank, but yeah, like you said Nevada doesn't seperate. Oh well, by the way, that is a sweet buck and even sweeter to do it with an old time stick flipper. Mine went 226 2/8 gross and 221 2/8 net.

If you go off the Pope and Young book it would be number two for Nevada. But I have seen the P&Y certificate for the buck pictured and it is not in the most recent P&Y book so who knows for sure. Either way you got a huge buck. Congrats..

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-12 AT 06:26PM (MST)[p]Randy Ulmer killed this buck with his bow some years ago, it scored 248 or so. Not sure if he ever entered that buck though.
5980ulmerbuck.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-12 AT 07:33PM (MST)[p]226!!! Your killin me here!!!! Can we please have a picture?? Story?? Anything??

well, it will be on the cover of Huntin Fool in April. I know most people on here say that disgusts them, but I got a sweet deal and Garth Carter was actually way cool to me. He was hunting the same buck and let me hunt it when he found out I was after that same buck. He actually left, but said if you kill it though we want it for the cover. I said deal. So if your a huntin fool member you will see it in the April mag. If not, Ill get some posted on here after that. But ya, I was just trying to get an idea of what it would have placed archery wise in Nevada.

I think at least for Nevada you can enter it but you will take a 2 percent deduction for velvet. Which is crap cuz if it were stripped it wouldnt lose over 4 inches. It wouldnt even lose one. But at least ya get to enter, but no it cant go boone and crockett .

He is correct. For the nevada record book they do a 2% deduction on the net score, and you can enter velvet bucks into P&Y. But for B&C you need to strip the velvet.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom