Archery Success!

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I helped a young friend in a OTC unit the last few days, he shot a really nice OTC bull!

7390115f31df19ce74defb309850b960aca10.jpeg

Hasbean

There were a few bugles but we did not bugle him in. We were making our way down a steep ridge crest and stopping to cow call and bugle every couple of hundred yards. We didn't know he was below us and he made sort of a growling noise. Lane looked over the side and put an arrow into him. If he had stayed quiet we would not have had the chance.

Hasbean

Way to go on a great OTC bull. I'm always happy for someone that gets a big one in a special draw unit but I'm doubly happy for those that get it done with an OTC tag because those are the hardest tags to get it done with. Congrats!

Dayum, BeanMan. Your buddy is lucky to have you as caddy. Look @ those 2nds! Thanks for posting a genuine shooter OTC. Congratulations. I bet this pic and story will inspire a lot of OTC guys.

So glad it worked out for you guys. Sometimes you just need that stroke of luck. He may have been growling ?stay away?. So much fun.

Nice Bull for OTC tag.
Always nice to help and share our knowledge with younger hunters as we get older. Don?t know about others but it just makes me feel good when I do

>Nice Bull for OTC tag.
>Always nice to help and share
>our knowledge with younger hunters
>as we get older. Don?t
>know about others but it
>just makes me feel good
>when I do

Yes it does feel good, for some reason it is better than being the hunter myself. I don't quite have the fire any more so it is nice to go with a young hunter with a huge fire. Lane did all the scouting and pre legwork, I had never set foot in the unit before and just came along for the heck of it. Glad I did.

Hasbean

Great job to both of you. I too have found it is just as rewarding to be along and help someone on their first successful hunt and see that fire ignited within them. I have not lost that fire yet... Not even close, I hope I never do!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom