Archery success

NMHUNTER

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-13 AT 09:00AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-13 AT 08:58?AM (MST)

Here is my bull. I will post a story later when i get a chance. Not bad for a first time archery hunter!!!
1990image.jpg

9500image.jpg

Thanks vini for putting me upright. Thanks for the comments guys. He really is a great bull. The pics dont do him justice. Will get a story up tomorrow sometime

We had an awesome hunt in 16b second season. We were in bulls every day. My cousin missed a big 7x6 on the third day, and I kiled my bull on Monday the sixth day of the hunt. Will post a few more pics later.

Monday we got about a mile into a huge canyon we had been hearing bulls in but, couldnt get on them. We get in there and i hit the cow call. 3 bulls start bugling. So we moved in and cut the distance in half, and get set up. The bulls would bugle but wouldnt come in. So we moved in again this time we got to within 100 yards of my bull. I hit the cow call a few time and he started coming in. He hung up about 60 yards on the other side of a small creek from me. He would bugle and chuckle at me, but couldnt see any cows so he would start to walk off, and I would cow call and he'd come back to the edge of the creek and bugle.
This went on about 5 or 6 time before he finally had enough and came down the creek and up the trail I hoped he would. He came up I stopped him at 35 yards and made a perfect double lung shot. He went 60 yards and piled up. Took us 3 trips and about 7 hours to get him all out, but it was well worth it.

This was the funnest hunt I have ever been on. I had never been to the Gila and never been archery hunting, and i am definetly hooked. I am blessed to have been able to take such a nice bull my first time out with a bow.

Thanks to everyone on MM that helped me out, and good luck to everyone on their up coming hunts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom