Archery Tresspass Hunt Info Wanted

7mmULTRAMAG

Trying to plan 2014 antelope hunt. Would anyone be willing to share info about ranches that have permanent blinds in place over water holes. What price range are the trespass fees?
I know you can get lists from fish&game but I have heard stories about getting ripped off paying fee and poor hunting on their land.
You can pm me if you don't want to share on forum.
looking for unit you can buy over counter tag.Does not need to be trophy unit just looking to have fun and kill first antelope with bow.
Thanks

No I don't. Hoping for some where that usually has left over tags. I have heard that where there is mostly private land that tags are easier to draw.
Thank you

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-13 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]You probably won't find many with blinds already set up that aren't charging the price of a guided antelope hunt. I would plan on bringing your own blind. Many areas in the eastern half of the state have leftover tags and lots of private land. With a little work and luck you could find a landowner who would let you hunt a buck for little to no money. They're getting pretty stingy these days.

It sounds like you looking for a set-up that's been scouted already. This will cost you a couple grand minimum.

Your other option is public land. With a little map work you can find reasonable public land on a leftover tag.

>Take a look at www.laurelleafoutfitters.com, located
>in Kaycee,WY. Reasonable price for
>a guided hunt, same as
>some trespass hunts, and the
>unit always has tags on
>the leftover list due to
>all private land.

***IMHO $1100 for a 3 day hunt that outfitter is charging is a lot more than the OP will pay just for a trespass fee on most ranches.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-13 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]Like was said ,why not just bring along a pop up blind and hunt public land ? I have not hunted private land antelope for twenty years always do public land and always get an antelope.Lots of times could have taken them with archery equipment.

The big reason for a ranch that already has blinds in place is the antelope will be used to it. If I come for 3 day hunt I am worried that the antelope will be scared of the blind and by the time that get used to it the hunt will be over. I have never tried this before but that is what I have read.
Thanks

>The big reason for a ranch
>that already has blinds in
>place is the antelope will
>be used to it. If
>I come for 3 day
>hunt I am worried that
>the antelope will be scared
>of the blind and by
>the time that get used
>to it the hunt will
>be over. I have never
>tried this before but that
>is what I have read.
>
>Thanks

Hey 7MAG,
Certainly there is nothing wrong with your original idea of finding some private ground with established blinds. But I want to support other's suggestions of hunting new ground with pop-up blinds. I've killed 4 pronghorn bucks with a bow as a travelling NR, which doesn't make me an expert, but I think my experiences might be of use to you. All four of those were taken on public ground from a blind over a waterhole, and three of those were shot on the same day I set up the blind (one was in the days before pop-up blinds and I dug a pit blind, using sagebrush and netting). So the point is that, even though a newly erected blind will definitely get the attention of the pronghorns in the area, they'll still come in if they are thirsty. Just be patient as they may linger around for a couple of hours before they commit. The down side of hunting public ground this way is the risk of sharing the area with bad guys. One year in New Mexico, someone stole my blind.
Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom