Are OTC bull tags unit specific?

jbricejr

This is a dumb question I know but I haven't hunted elk in CO before and I can't seem to find the answer in the Reg book. If you buy an OTC second or third season bull license do you have to declare a unit when you buy the license and confine your hunting to that unit only, or is the license good for any OTC unit open in that season?

jbricejr what are we doing up at 00:30?
Page 32 2014 regs you can hunt all the
solid yellow units.

LOL Swan Valley is a beutiful place, just not much to do in the middle of the night.
Congrats on post 100 jbricejr

Thanks Tomichi. It's implied in the regs but for us very literal guys they need to come right out and say that you can hunt any of open the units during the OTC seasons, listing "valid units" still leaves the question open for me. Here in Idaho on the OTC general elk hunts you have to pick a region (group of units). Buckhorn, yeah you're right about not much to do here at night, but I'm still trying to decide if I'll fish the south fork, go shed hunting, or go x-country skiing this afternoon. It's definitely a BYOW place though, as well as bring-your-money, I didn't bring quite enough of the latter when I moved here!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom