Are the Bulls bugling

F

frozen_in_alaska

I was just wondering if anyone been hearing the bulls bugling? Or are they still quite? Is the velvet rubbed off yet?

Thanks Frozen

Seen five bulls this morning on the wasatch. One really big one. One in velvet. All quiet.

I've heard a few here and there but not a lot. Most of the elk I have seen the last 2 days have rubbed or are beginning to rub off there velvet.

Seen a few bulls mid-week. The bigger bulls were rubbed and the rag horns still in velvet. No buggling heard.

Smokepole

Thanks for the posts!!1

AWHOLELOTTABULL
You are getting stoked... I am almost packed and I don't leave till the 2nd... I can't wait.

Frozen

Saw three 6 points in a herd of about 40 cows yesterday. They were all cleaned off but not a one was talking or even acting interested in the cows.

I WAS UP IN MORGAN TWO WEEKENDS AGO AND ALL THE BULLS WERE STILL IN THE VELVET AND A FEW BULLS WERE BARKIN JUST MAKIN SOME NOISE I WAS UP THERE AGAIN LAST WEEKEND WITH A BUDDY ON SAT MORNING I LET OUT A COW CALL AND A BULL ANSWERED ME AND STARTED COMIN LONG STORY SHORT HE BUGLED THREE MORE TIMES TILL MY BUDDY STUCK EM FROM 23 YARDS

THE A TEAM

Great posts!!!!

Tine if you have any pics I would love to see them.

Thanks guys

Frozen

sorry boys been huntin i will post them as soon as i get them from the guy who shot the bull i'll try to get them tomorrow it was just a medioaker five point but a good bull for his first elk

THE A TEAM

Last thursday i went out to one of my favorite spots, hiked in sat down and gave out a couple cow calls, instantly i heard a rucess just 50 yards below me, i called again and the bull just freaked out on a little tree, the bull is a 6 point proably 320" and was completly rubbed off, and was teaching a little tree who was boss, he did this a couple times and then took off running, he turned around after about 50 yards and came back to the same tree and tore it up some more, during the middle of this spree i buggled at him, and he completly freaked out, scrapping and beating the living snare out of the tree, brush and just about everything he could, but during all of this he never made a sound, nothing! It was AWSOME!! to say the least. Can't wait to hear start getting vocal!

Come sept 4th and 5th it will be rocking,Ive kept a record for the past 7 years in utah those have been my best days good luck

The weather forecast for my unit calls for a drop in temperature of 10 degrees from Monday to Tuesday, can't wait to start hunting. I get there on Sunday, and will begin hunting on Monday. It ought to be fun!

>MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET OFF YOUR
>A$$ AND MM AND GO
>SEE FOR YOURSELF

You are you yelling at and why????

Frozen

This is killing me, I have another week before I leave. Time couldn't be going slower here at work.

Jeff

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom