Are the deer moving

Hard to say statewide but I was in central colorado over the weekend and saw deer and many tracks way up in the timber from 9,500 on up to as high as 10,000. There were just as many tracks heading uphill as down so it didn't appear there was any real migration underway. Guess it's time to get my walkin boots out as I also have a 3rd season tag. At least up high there is decent tracking conditions.

Every time i look at the long range forcast it gets worse.last week they where calling for some weather around the 4th-5th now it looks like the last 2 days of the season might get a storm.I guess we'll just have to make the best of it.

I am getting nervous, I have waited 10 years for the hunt, and it is a unit that most of the higher country is private, if there are are not many deer in the low country, I could be in trouble.

Warm. No hot for Halloween! No snow at all to speak of. I live at 9k in central Colorado and my resident winter bucks have not arrived on my property yet. Not much off any rutting yet and as I type this I can see 20 does with only a dink 3x4 keeping them company. Some days there will be 8-10 bucks solid bucks in that field.

Bad news is that it will be hot and dry for 3 rd season. Good news is that many of the bucks have not made it down to private yet. Full moon was so bright last night I thought I left the porch light on.

Good luck to all that have tags.

2nd season we hunted them as if they were elk. North facing slopes with water and grass, you may have to do the same with the 3rd season tags.

Good luck

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I had a buddy hunt the 2nd season and he was seeing bucks above 11,000'. The snow that was on the ground had tons of tracks in it above 12,000', as well as lion tracks!! If the lions are that high, that's a pretty good sign where the good hunting is!!

We have been in Colorado 3 days scouting unit 85,851 my son drew a mule deer tag for the third season.. We have spotted some quality deer although they are above 9,000 ft. Have a really nice buck spotted, crossing our fingers and hoping we can close the deal on him quickly. We are huning public land so I am very nervous about the buck getting pushed out soon.

Good luck hope you get him.I have been here a couple days also seeing deer but the 70 deg temps sucks and no change in the near future.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom