are they talking yet?

E

ELKdaddy

Are they making noise in 51 and 52 yet? when are they at the pike in the month of Sept?

ElkDaddy,

I had a few days break in my schedule, so I jammed up to 51 for a couple days of archery elk hunting. I heard alot of lonely cows calling and some less than normal elk bugles ringing thru the mountains, so to answer your question "no". The only thing making noise at this point in 51, is other hunters. I would guess the bulls are due to start talking at anytime.

On Friday evening, I was able to put the sneak on and found myself in the middle of a herd of 7 cows and a 4x4 bull. I had this 4x4 feeding broadside with his head down at 17 yds, I decided to holdout for a bigger bull. I am headed back up next Friday to hunt straight thru the final 9 days of the hunt. I will let you know how it goes and what I hear and see.

Michael

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom