Are you a bull guy or buck guy?

Bulls for sure. Until they hit the ground and then usually my first thought is what have we just done here?

Bulls...in the rut.

Hunted bucks for 20 years before my first elk hunt. Having conversations with large majestic big game animals and screaming close encounters was addicting. Plus, I love elk meat more than anything. Still love hunting for bucks, but I dream about big bulls.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-16 AT 00:18AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-16 AT 00:17?AM (MST)

No question for me it would be dudes like this

[vimeo]https://www.vimeo.com/139020372[/vimeo]

Muley bucks all the way. Never a doubt since I can remember. Always, always mule deer before anything else.

I moved to NW Colorado for big game hunting opportunity and the largest elk herds in the world. However elk was the fall back species if I can't draw a deer or antelope tag since there is a lot of OTC elk hunting available. For me it's a toss up between the antelope and deer.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-16 AT 07:40AM (MST)[p] NOT EVEN CLOSE.....BULL ELK!!!! ELK TASTE WAY BETTER, A LOT BIGGER, THEY BUGLE, THEY CAN BE CALLED RIGHT IN, GREAT BOW ANIMAL, AND ITS WAY MORE EXCITING THAT A MULE DEER HUNT...........YD.

Muley guy. I think mule deer taste great. I enjoy glassing a lot. Getting five deer out and in coolers is easier and faster than one elk.

Bucks for me. So much so that I'd trade in even the opportunity at any elk tag (LE or General) if it meant I could receive additional opportunities for deer tags (LE or general).

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

For me it would be a mule deer. I think theres something more magical about a big mule deer buck than any other species, possibly the fact they are very elusive and the only way you'll locate them is by glassing or tracking them. That being said I love to bow hunt elk because I feel that I have a chance compared to deer!!!

You didn't specify what type of bucks, so I'll go with that. Have shot dozens of elk, and usually lean towards spikes and cows to eat anyway!

Mulies, whitetails, Coues, blacktails - they're all good.

Not much of an elk hunter. But never hunted them during the rut.
So for me big old mule deer.

But if someone is willing to pack out a bull once he is down I may hunt elk more. LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I love hunting Bucks! Blacktail or Muleys, take your pick, been obsessed hunting them over 50 years!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom