Area 17 late deer??

Howler

What can a guy realistically expect on the late deer hunt as far as quality goes? I’m willing to put more than average into the hunt. It was my 5th choice and I have no idea what to expect. Thanks for any advice.

I’ve hunted it 4 times for my own tag and twice with friends. They are up there. Just need weather and time. The largest bucks we’ve harvested were deep and high.

I drew the late one again this year as well. They broke it into 3 hunts now. Used to be two seasons only.

I have hunted there a couple of times in the past.It is not my favorite area but better than some areas as well.I say go and enjoy the hunt.Great country.

I’ve hunted it 4 times for my own tag and twice with friends. They are up there. Just need weather and time. The largest bucks we’ve harvested were deep and high.

I drew the late one again this year as well. They broke it into 3 hunts now. Used to be two seasons only.
Good deal! Anymore it’s just getting out and seeing new area, and enjoying life away from the hustle of mainstream America. Bring the kids with a few days. Hunt the tag up until sunset the last day lookin for the right one if need be. It’ll be fun!

Good deal! Anymore it’s just getting out and seeing new area, and enjoying life away from the hustle of mainstream America. Bring the kids with a few days. Hunt the tag up until sunset the last day lookin for the right one if need be. It’ll be fun!
Great area of the state of NV. I take my kids as well. We fish one day and then you can also pop over the hill to hit the Icthyosaur Park as well. I’ve always seen bucks. Some you shoot, some you let grown for years to come. If you have questions on camping and distances PM me.

One thing I can say to anyone who has not been there before,it to make sure you are well supplied with groceries and essentials. Austin is close by,but the is no grocery store there.Just a gas station and covenience store.We had to travel a good ways south to a mining town that had a great grocery store with all that we needed.

Great area of the state of NV. I take my kids as well. We fish one day and then you can also pop over the hill to hit the Icthyosaur Park as well. I’ve always seen bucks. Some you shoot, some you let grown for years to come. If you have questions on camping and distances PM me.
Thanks, appreciate it. I’m going to try to hit it in a couple weekends and cover some ground. Get a feel for it.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom