Area 6 archery

A

Accubond180

Hello,
A buddy and I drew area 6 archery. Any suggestions on which area to concentrate on? Also since the season is a month long would you hunt the opening week or hunt towards the end of the season? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

We drew with 3 points. We usually hunt in Wyoming so this is a new area for us. With the way the system is in Nevada there is no guarantee.

I'm not very familiar with area 6 but I did hunt it for elk last November with a friend. I prefer early as possible for archery deer because the game has not been harrassed yet and you may find a good buck before they head for thick cover and become nocturnal. fatrooster.

Hunted this unit is 07' non-res. was a fun hunt I spent my time along the Independent Mt range mainly because it was the most logical and I didn't have any time to scout it. The Tuscaroas, sp? were another range that I heard a lot of good things about. I didn't get over there but did make a drive North through Bull Run and up to Merrit Mt. Had heard many good things about that Mt but never did class in the Morning or evening. It was kind of wired to me, just a huge knobby looking Mt. Saw some brutes had my chance but never connected. Stay South or North of Jake's Peak it is over hunted and I think the bucks hang on the back side. This hole unit got hit hard by fire in 06' and heard is down. Hunt hard, Class a ton, and figure out how to find the deer in that country! You will over look lots of animals your first couple of times out. I wasn't used to the buck brush and acres of sage that eat up the deer once it was time to bed. Not saying that I haven't hunted large plots of sage I have but this was different because it has these huge bushed that the deer literally vanished behind them. Try the gold mine just South of Jake's Peak and the draws and canyons that are around that country. Lots of resident bucks that the Late hunt hunters kill and those aren't rut migration bucks.

Hey Broomer,
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see some of those big "brutes" that you mentioned.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom