Area 6 Guzzlers

greatbasin

Quick question...
I drew an Area 6 Oct. deer tag for the first time and I was wondering if the NDOW guzzler map would be a worthwhile resource? Or, is there enough natural water sources on most of those ranges to make that map a not needed item, in terms of scouting for decent areas. Normally I'd just buy it and use it in the years to come, but $60 is harder to come by these days than it used to be. Thanks in advance.

I just picked up the new one the other day. I will look when I get home to be sure, but if memory serves me right, there aren't a lot in area 6. I will have to confirm when I get home. Where do you live? If you are in the area, I would be more than willing to share the info.

Thanks Bownanza for checking your map for me, I'm in Idaho. I've hunted in 7 a few times and water was never an issue, but I don't want to leave any stone un-turned, so to speak. I'd love to take something home with this tag, a decent mature buck would be so great.

Well, there are definitely some mature bucks in that area. I have friends who primarily hunt area 6 and take home very nice bucks every year. You shouldn't have a problem with that. I will check the maps when I get home in a couple of hours and update you.

I just checked the book. There is one big game guzzled just north of Elko on the eastern edge of area 064. There are also several small game guzzlers in area 068 outside of Battle Mountain on the rim rock. Other than that there aren't too many in area 6. Send me a PM if you want some more specific info.

Sorry to wiz on your parade - the guzzlers in 068 were installed almost exclusively for the California sheep herd in that unit....other wildlife use them as well of course, but deer rarely use these water sources....I know, because I've put trail cams on them in the past. Your time would be better spent elsewhere in the unit group, and save your $60 for a nice bottle of scotch er somthing.

Smoker bucks are found low, but the deer densities are much higher when you hit 7,000+ ft in elevation. use your boots to get you away from the roads and glass....a lot.

Good luck!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom