Arizona 3A/ 3C

Shedreg

Hey all, I was checking to see if anyone on here would be willing to suggest a few places to check in Arizona hunt units 3A/3C for elk.
Don't need any HOTSPOTs or honey holes but a good place to start looking. Send me a PM if you can.
Thanks!
Shedreg

I don't mean to be an a$$, but isn't a little late to be starting? There are elk all over that unit.

i don't understand -

Elk populations in Unit 3C are scattered throughout the entire unit. However, since the Rodeo-Chediski Fire, elk densities are higher south of Highway 260 (which bisects the unit). Antlerless elk hunters may want to concentrate their efforts south of Hwy 260, due to higher densities. For antlered and antlerless elk, good hunting areas the past few years include: Telephone Lake and White Lake just north of Show Low (accessed from Hwy 77), Juniper Ridge (FR 143) west of Show Low/Linden, Pinedale Ridge (FR 132) south of Clay Springs, near Deer Springs (FR 107, 161 and 145) Lookout Tower, the area between Phoenix Park Wash and Decker Wash (FR 146), and anywhere near Black Canyon Lake (accessed via FR 86). Scouting is critical to locating animals for your hunt.
as easy as going on G$F website and look it up - no honey holes just regular info over yrs of records ! MM

>I don't mean to be an
>a$$, but isn't a little
>late to be starting? There
>are elk all over that
>unit.

Not be be an ass but isnt there a november hunt as well in these units??? I think its hunt number 3010.

>Your inbox is inactive.

Not sure how that happend. should be good to go now! Thanks for any info Bates7!!!

Shedreg

Gentle Ben is right! I have the november hunt. Gonna wait till the early rifle hunt is over before I go out.

Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom