arizona elk guides

accumark

question, who is the most productive elk guide for no residents who draw an elk tag in arizona. who gives the best and most for the no resident hunter.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-11 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]

well if ya look at the forum page - there is a header that says find a guide - ya pick a state and 1/2 dozen appear

you ask for client list and talk to the guys who have hunted with them and find out their stories.

here in Az there are several great guides.

success can depend on a lot of things -
what are you willin to shoot?
what are your limits as a hunter?

I'm sure every guide on the list can/will get you a chance at an elk

do you hunt archery or only rifle

the question you ask cannot be answered easily without knowing you and your limits/ expectations.

are you a wine me dine me or a guy willing to pack into a remote area .

Jay Scott, Steve Chappel, Pat Feldt; are all great guides, depending on what unit you drew and whether you have a bull tag or not, there may be local guides who specialize in that unit that you may want to check out as well, but it seems that those three are always pulling in the biggest elk

I think it also depends on how much your willing to spend. There are a lot of good ones Jim mullins the Mc Clindons and sons. If your thinking of doing a outfitted once you draw act quickly they'll fill up every fast. Good luck with finding the one for you...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-11 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]
If I personally had the $$ to be able to go on a guided hunt.
I'd without a doubt be contactin Steve Chappell. if he's available
Like stated above - you had better reserve early as they do fill up fast. most contact and keep in touch pryor to the draw.
This is not to take anything away from any of the other great guides we have here in Az. They will all give 100% or more if thats what it takes.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-11 AT 04:17PM (MST)[p]

sorry do not know of them- so i can not really say

kinda wierd that they call your non resident license a non refundable bonus point fee- buyin the license is the only way to get a bonus point - just sayin - once you have a license you can also put in for deer - antelope and basically hunt any season in arizona as long a you purchase / draw an out of state tag.

so buy a license in january and then come otc archery deer as a pre season elk scouting!?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-11 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]Arizona is pretty well stacked with good elk guides. Competition is fierce and in order to stay in the game you gotta find the game.

The names mentioned above are all very reputable and I'm sure there are going to be some more reputable names mentioned.

Not any one name mentioned or to be mentioned is better thsn the names mentioned or to be mentioned.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom